Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: OMGoodness you guys...

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

You guys...I need help...DH said no! It's "our" place!?! I want to cry. He said I could go for a girls weekend & then I said well Amy & I are of course thinking Disney & he said no, you can't go there. I asked him if he would be mad & he said yes.

Now jealous I can understand (I'd be jealous too if he were going to Disney w/o me), but mad?! I need to convince him...there's really only his feelings that can stop me...I have my money to pay for it, it's not a money issue....oh I want to cry...

HELP!! How can I convince him???
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    You guys...I need help...DH said no! It's "our" place!?! I want to cry. He said I could go for a girls weekend & then I said well Amy & I are of course thinking Disney & he said no, you can't go there. I asked him if he would be mad & he said yes.

Now jealous I can understand (I'd be jealous too if he were going to Disney w/o me), but mad?! I need to convince him...there's really only his feelings that can stop me...I have my money to pay for it, it's not a money issue....oh I want to cry...

I had the same problem with DH last year when I told him that was where we were going. Then I talked to him about how that was the best destination for us b/c it was safe, didn't have to worry about a rental car, etc. and it was a good choice for young women travelling alone. So I played on the "safety" strings of his heart.

But I had an ace up my sleeve, I reminded him that he has gone to WDW at least 3 times by HIMSELF alone when he used to go down there for work. So I shouldn't have to feel guilty about it!

I hope you guys can work it out. Maybe he could do a weekend there with friends/family/or even alone at some point too??
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

icartjetta is offline Crap, I hate games. If I see naked people they better be good looking.

Crying very loudly for a long time might help!
    I'm sure you can think of something!
    Traci
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post

How about its a reseach trip for a special surpirse for you both when you go down? Step 2 is find something special to do when you go back!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

You could always play the wife card.......you know pull out all the tricks to get what you want.

It's been known to work wonders around my house.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

That sounds like so much fun! I've stayed at POP, love it, busses are great as others have said, the food court is actually pretty good, very large so it never seems over-crowded.

As for the hubby...I'd play the safety card too. I mean, really would he rather you be hanging out in some swanky bar on an island around a bunch of buff guys or romping around w/ Pooh Bear?? But joking aside, I'd think it would be so much safer/easier/familiar.

Good luck!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    You could always play the wife card.......you know pull out all the tricks to get what you want.

Yeah...that tends to work on MOST things.

Jen, I am hoping he lets you go. BELIEVE me I understand DH saying "No". But if my DH would let me go, there has to be a way for your DH to change his mind and say yes. Can maybe he come at the end of your trip for 1 day or so? Then it wouldn't be SOOO bad for him, or at the beginning?

From experience....do NOT yell at him and get mad at him. That will only make things worse. Just state your side and tell him you REALLY want to go and the reasons why. I have found that being kind and calm works best with my DH. Of course I am not a yeller. More of a sulker.....Though, sulking only irritates DH. But I can't help it. However, I try to handle things rationally while I am DYING inside.

Let us know how it goes....Crossing my fingers!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Oh, heck... tell him this laundry fairy will come over and whack him in the head!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    Oh, heck... tell him this laundry fairy will come over and whack him in the head!
    Dude....LOL!!!! Are you volunteering????
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

But when he does laundry he just grabs it all out of the dryer and tosses it into a big pile. I guess he's waiting on that laundry fairy to come and fold it all for him! Instead he gets me yelling at him that making a big wrinkly pile of laundry is not "doing" laundry at all b/c then I have to redo it to get the darn wrinkles out!!
    Oh yes, I have this issue too! Sometimes I get so mad that I just leave his stuff in there to wrinkle all the more, just to teach him a lesson! Ha! I really know how to stick it to him don't I?!

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    How about its a reseach trip for a special surpirse for you both when you go down? Step 2 is find something special to do when you go back!
    Good, good...I like it....keep them coming...

Ok, ok, I see where you're going with this....you want me to pull an Angela! Got it...ok, ok....

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    As for the hubby...I'd play the safety card too. I mean, really would he rather you be hanging out in some swanky bar on an island around a bunch of buff guys or romping around w/ Pooh Bear?? But joking aside, I'd think it would be so much safer/easier/familiar.

Good luck!
    Yes, safety w/Pooh...I like it...ok....

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    LOL! This is the best yet!! Yeah, that's just what he needs a whack in the head!
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800