Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: OMGoodness you guys...

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    I really do hope he comes around for you.

My DH does not go out with friends EVER. He doesn't have many toys either - except his BIG TV that he just got and the Wii (which is really our boys....DH has intercepted it! ) He does take a trip with the boys to a Notre Dame game every year, plus, this year, he is taking the boys out of school for March Madness. They will be spending a couple nights in Columbus. But for the most part, my DH wants to be home with the family.

I like the idea of agreeing maybe not going to a certain park, or something. However, if he would say no MK, I think I would NOT be happy....

Keep us up to date!
    Hmmm Angela.....maybe you could use that big tv and the march madness trip as the reasons that you and DD should get to take a quick trip to Disney

To be fair to DH, he is a musician so when he goes out with friends it's actually going to play music. Which he argues is not really "going out" b/c it's actually his "job". Just like the 3 times a year he has to go to Nashville and all the other places he goes to play shows, network, etc. My thought is that until it's making $$ instead of costing us $$, it's not a job!!! But I'm mean like that!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Aggghhh!! It's just getting worse!! Well better, but you know what I mean... My friend called Disney to see if she had a code for our dates & guess what, the dates that we want (April 16th-20th) w/POP prompted a "very special deal"!

Upgrade to Coronado Springs WITH dining for only $363.xx more TOTAL! Are you kidding me?! Moderate hotel, WITH dining for only $178 more each! Basically it's free dining!! They want us to bump up to CSR because the Values are getting filled & they give you a "special deal"!

Aggghhh!!! We did the math & honestly it's a no brainer...waters, CS lunches & a few TS dinners could easily cover the $178 & then some !!
    I need some pixie dust! Everything I have is crossed...but it's hard to type & see, so I'm going to stop that for now!

So if any of you are thinking of an April trip...try POP first & see if they give YOU the "very special deal"!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Aggghhh!! It's just getting worse!! Well better, but you know what I mean... My friend called Disney to see if she had a code for our dates & guess what, the dates that we want (April 16th-20th) w/POP prompted a "very special deal"!

Upgrade to Coronado Springs WITH dining for only $363.xx more TOTAL! Are you kidding me?! Moderate hotel, WITH dining for only $178 more each! Basically it's free dining!! They want us to bump up to CSR because the Values are getting filled & they give you a "special deal"!

Aggghhh!!! We did the math & honestly it's a no brainer...waters, CS lunches & a few TS dinners could easily cover the $178 & then some !!
    I need some pixie dust! Everything I have is crossed...but it's hard to type & see, so I'm going to stop that for now!

So if any of you are thinking of an April trip...try POP first & see if they give YOU the "very special deal"!

Sounds promising! A great deal! Good luck!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

JEn, you got a VSP you have to take it NOW!!!!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Take it! Can't you cancel without penalty? That way you at least got the deal!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    JEn, you got a VSP you have to take it NOW!!!!
    Have you heard of them before or are you making an acroymn for my Very Special Deal!!?? :0) My friend did put a courtesy hold on it...it's such a good deal!! So we have 2 weeks to come up w/the deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Take it! Can't you cancel without penalty? That way you at least got the deal!
    We have until March 2nd to cancel w/no penalty........YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you heard of them before or are you making an acroymn for my Very Special Deal!!?? :0) My friend did put a courtesy hold on it...it's such a good deal!! So we have 2 weeks to come up w/the deposit.

We have until March 2nd to cancel w/no penalty........YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No I just made it up VSP Very special Package/price for your very special deal, Now that i think about it more, i have heard of Disney offering special deals to people to change or book something other then what they wanted! I know some people at pop last year during free dining got free upgrades to a stuido or 1bedroom cant remember at SSR becuase they had over booked POP for the dates of the trip! So disney i think does do special packages to get you out of a value to some of the other resorts that have low bookings! so they can book more people in the values and still have enough people at the other resorts to make them worth running!

But i second the idea book now get refund later if you have to change or cant go, But i very much hope you get your Disney Trip!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Oh Jen I just finished getting caught up and I do hope that DH changes his mind. I can tell you that it is best to try and stay calm and just talk to him. When my dad could go to Disney in December and I had the chance to take his place, DH was not very happy. DH is the stay at home type. He likes to spend time with the kids. So once we figured out "special" things that he could do while I was away with the kids, it helped ease his mind. I even called his best friend and asked him to keep bugging him about going out after work for a drink. The day that we were leaving was hard for Dh and I tried not to show my excitement too much. I was bubbling inside but I tried to remain calm and cool. I hope that you can convince DH that Disney is a safe place to go.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Oh gosh Jen! You must be on pins and needles waiting to see if this is going to work out. Crossing my fingers for you!!!!

Let the dancing begin!! Talked to DH tonight & he's changed his mind!! I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD IN APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited! It's going to be so much fun!

I explained to him that after researching & looking into all the options not only is this the cheapest, but the safest place for my friend & me to go to! And while Disney is "our place" it wouldn't at all be the same kind of trip! We're going to do things DH & I wouldn't...like go to the parks in the morning!! :0) He agreed & now the count down must begin! I think it's like 57 days away!!

Yipppeeeee!! Thanks everyone for your wise words of wisdom a few weeks ago! It really gave me the mental support I needed, you guys are the best!