Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with a school project

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by shmily1 View Post
    I could only think of a few like Pocahontas, Martha Washington and Susan B Anthony so I looked some up online and found this website that may give you some great ideas and information on what each did. http://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-womenlist.html

Good luck!!
    Thanks for the link - we are spending the afternoon searching the web.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by marcymajor View Post
    how about someone like amelia airehart (pardon the spelling), eleanor roosevelt, susan b anthony. HTH.
    Amelia and Susan B Anthony were done last year and they are not allowed to repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Iteach View Post
    Sally Ride, first woman in space.
    Oh - that might be a winner - She was not done last year and when I asked my daughter she said it wasn't someone any one else in the class said they were thinking about doing. My daughter is very interested in space so she is really going to consider this one. Thanks!

Sounds like a lot of work for a third grader. Good thing she has you to help her. Good luck to both of you.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Louisa May Alcott was a great one in this house when my dd was in 3rd. we had to make a doll, dress in character (I was able to make a long plaid skirt, mom knit a shawl, etc... and then did the report) Great thing for us was that we only live 20 minutes from her childhood home and could do the tour!!

Good luck, it can be a fun project!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    Sounds like a lot of work for a third grader. Good thing she has you to help her. Good luck to both of you.
    Yeah that is what I thought....we will be working on this every weekend! Thank goodness my 3rd grader is a good student and loves school and doing projects. Now in 2 years, I will be pulling my hair our with my son. He does ok in school but he doesn't like doing any homework or his art projects now!

Has she made her choice? Who did she pick? Inquiring minds want to know!!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Ugh! Sometimes school projects are a pain in the butt! My daughter decided on Sacagawea. She was super excited when she went off to school this morning. When I picked her up for dance, she had such a long face that I just knew that something was wrong. She said that most of the third grade class had picked a few certain people and the teachers didn't want to pick one student. So to make a long story short...Sacagawea is on the list....back to the drawing board. And so is Pocahontas, Cleopatra, and Florence Nightingale! I wish that the teachers would just give us a list and let the kids pick from the list! Sorry to sound like I'm venting but I'm just frustrated with this project already!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I had a similar presentation when I was in school. I remember doing Dolly Madison.
    Sunshine Rewards

Make a wax sculpture?? that alone would freak me out! Costumes I can do, wax I can't. I really like the link above. You could also do a President's wife, Laura Bush, or Lady Bird come to mind.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards