Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WDW Halloween Question

Default WDW Halloween Question

For all you WDW fans, I need some help/advice. We are going in September and I was wondering if the Not So Scary Halloween Party is worth the extra money. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I haven't done it in a couple of years but think it is worth it - you get a ton of candy and there is practically no one in the park - the longest lines are for the candy! It's fun and the ticket might say that it starts at 7pm but they let us in at 5pm - we just had to get a wristband which you'll have to get anyways.

Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Went to the first party of the year in 09. Liked it alot. The special Wishes and Boo to You Parade as well as the character meet and greets(some not often seen characters too) were worth the price.

We found it really crowded however-probably because it was the first party of the year and on a Friday when the locals are more likely to come. So, if you can, try and pick a day where the locals are less likely to pull kiddos from school(mid week) and/or when a special event(like F!) pulls other guests to another park.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

The MNSSHP parade and fireworks are both my very favorite of all of them! I agree that going on a week night is better than going during the week.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I went in 2008 and LOVED IT. I'm not a huge Halloween fan either, but it's definitely worth the price. The atmosphere is fun and festive, the parade is amazing,and the fireworks are awesome! You do get lots of candy, and the night we went (a Tuesday night in late Sept) it wasn't crowded at all. Like PP said, the longest lines were for candy.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

We've been four times, and it is one of my most absolute favorite things to do. LOVE LOVE LOVE the parade and the fireworks. You see characters you don't normally see..i.e. the old hag from Snow White, all the dwarves together, etc. It's just so much fun. The first three times we went, it rained. Once so much they actually gave us free tickets for another day at the Magic Kingdom! But we were there last September and we think that in all the times we have been to WDW, it was the most fun we have had at the Magic Kingdom. It's worth the money to us!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

We LOVE MVMCP and have done it many times. I was reading about the MNSSHP and it looked like fun so I booked it. I can't tell you how much fun we had there! I had a blast! I was with three 17 year old girls and they were just like the little kids. They had a blast at the dance parties, getting their faces painted, and trick or treating. I loved the decorations, the parade and music, and the general excitement the party has. I would do it again and again even if they upped it to $100 a ticket!
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

Thanks. Did you get face painting for free or was that extra? Was the candy amount reasonable or considered a lot? We have been trying to cut back on the candy intake

The face painting is free and they have it set up in several areas. Even if there is a line, they are so fast at this painting it only take a few minutes each and they have several people painting at one station. There are about 6 or 8 designs to choose from and they are so cute!

Here are a couple pictures of the face painting. The first is DD getting hers done and then a close up of hers and part of mine.

The candy can be a lot or a little depending on if you want to go through the trick or treat lines. We didn't trick or treat until right at the end (because we were at the dance parties and on the attractions) and went through only a portion of the lines. We had about 1/3 of a bag. They give you the bags when you get there and they are about 8 inches tall. It was good candy though. Being with three 17 year olds, they hadn't trick or treated in a while so they thought that was just funny that "adults" could trick or treat too.
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

When do they do the parade and fireworks? Is it at the end of the night? My DDs are 4 and 7 so they don't stay up late. Do they offer any free food with this event?