Thread: Vermont??? Anyone

Default Vermont??? Anyone

We have found that we will be traveling to Vermont in early June to take my 89yo Mom to a wedding there. I do not want to put her on a plane and I will feel better taking her and bringing her home. So that leaves me, dh & ds 12 in Vermont (Burlington, Stowe area) for 4 nights. I am looking around for fun things to do and just wondered if anyone here, knew the area and might have any ideas or suggestions. Thanks!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

It is a very beautiful area where you are going. you should check out there local chamber of commerce websites in case they happen to have a festival or other activities going on. The hiking in Stowe is lovely, as well as the shops in both Stowe and Burlington. Just to take in Lake Champlain while you are in Burlington in June is soooooo gorgeous!!!

In the stowe area you can check out the original Ben & Jerrys (they have a tour), the Cabot cheese factory, there is also another place that you can check out for apple cider donuts (cannot think of the name).

A few sites to check out:

http://www.gatewaytostowe.com/vermont_events.html
    http://www.vtliving.com/events/june.shtml

Enjoy!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Definitely Cabot and especially a tour of Ben and Jerry's!! I don't remember offhand where they are located but if you are interested in horses at all, there is a Morgan horse farm which is cool to visit and see all the foals for the season, and hear the history of the Morgan horses. Also, there is Vermont soapworks store that has provided soaps for many a swag bag for Oscars and such. That is fun to visit.
    You could drive about an hour and 45 min south to Ticonderoga,NY and visit Fort Ticonderoga. Lots of history and they have people dressed in period clothing and such and demos. We loved our visit there a couple of years ago.
    Stowe is a beautiful area. Enjoy your time there!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by pbhall13 View Post
    It is a very beautiful area where you are going. you should check out there local chamber of commerce websites in case they happen to have a festival or other activities going on. The hiking in Stowe is lovely, as well as the shops in both Stowe and Burlington. Just to take in Lake Champlain while you are in Burlington in June is soooooo gorgeous!!!

In the stowe area you can check out the original Ben & Jerrys (they have a tour), the Cabot cheese factory, there is also another place that you can check out for apple cider donuts (cannot think of the name).

A few sites to check out:

http://www.gatewaytostowe.com/vermont_events.html
    http://www.vtliving.com/events/june.shtml

Enjoy!!
    Thanks so much. I will check these sites out today! I am looking forward to the Ben & Jerries and Cabot cheese tours. These are some of my favorite things. I really appreciate the help! Susan
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    Definitely Cabot and especially a tour of Ben and Jerry's!! I don't remember offhand where they are located but if you are interested in horses at all, there is a Morgan horse farm which is cool to visit and see all the foals for the season, and hear the history of the Morgan horses. Also, there is Vermont soapworks store that has provided soaps for many a swag bag for Oscars and such. That is fun to visit.
    You could drive about an hour and 45 min south to Ticonderoga,NY and visit Fort Ticonderoga. Lots of history and they have people dressed in period clothing and such and demos. We loved our visit there a couple of years ago.
    Stowe is a beautiful area. Enjoy your time there!
    Vermont was not a place I had ever thought about visiting, but the more I am hearing the happier I am! It sounds like this unexpected vacation will be wonderful!!! Thank you for the suggestions
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards