Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW Warning when posting?!?!

Can we still ask for these companys ? Just not talk about sales from these other companys ???
    Sarah~Mama to David, Emma, Ashlynn-grace and Peyton Alise 10-4-07Lilypie Breastfeeding PicLilypie Breastfeeding TickerSunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

You can post a request for companies that SR doesn't have on the shopping request thread. I would just ask that everyone do a thread search using the search function first to check if it has been requested before.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    I didn't notice the part about "recommendations for merchants not listed on Sunshine Rewards"???
    I just wanted to clarify what this section means. It means that you can't post an advertisement/message/head's up on merchants that SR doesn't carry. This would include saying XYZ is having a great sale if XYZ is not an SR merchant. What IS allowed is that you can post on the shopping requests thread that XYZ merchant be added to affiliate program. This way Tricia will know what merchants and types of merchants you are looking for. This will also keep us from giving really great advertising and word of mouth to merchants who are too cheap to use SR. This really does work out for the best for all of us. Alot of times if we don't have the merchant you are looking for Tricia can find a similar company who can be added.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    I just wanted to clarify what this section means. It means that you can't post an advertisement/message/head's up on merchants that SR doesn't carry. This would include saying XYZ is having a great sale if XYZ is not an SR merchant. What IS allowed is that you can post on the shopping requests thread that XYZ merchant be added to affiliate program. This way Tricia will know what merchants and types of merchants you are looking for. This will also keep us from giving really great advertising and word of mouth to merchants who are too cheap to use SR. This really does work out for the best for all of us. Alot of times if we don't have the merchant you are looking for Tricia can find a similar company who can be added.
    Thanks Janet and Tricia, that's what I was trying to get clarification on.
    I recall several times commeting on how much I like a certain co. for a certain product, which wasn't an SR advertiser at the time. I was merely trying to give my opinion, but I can see how it would effect the other company's.
    Thanks for the info!!!
    April
    Sunshine Rewards

Quick questions abou the merchants not listed... can we still talk about or recomend "services" may be considerd merchats to other that are not on SR or dont have affliates...

Example I am going to disney at got a gract CCC discount or i am looking for a CCC travel agent.

Or when planing a disney vacation i use VIO he has a great website with lots of useful info.

Note all company names have been changed incase the answer is NO!!!!

I just wanted to ensure i knew what was OK and what was not! Thanks
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    Quick questions abou the merchants not listed... can we still talk about or recomend "services" may be considerd merchats to other that are not on SR or dont have affliates...

Example I am going to disney at got a gract CCC discount or i am looking for a CCC travel agent.

Or when planing a disney vacation i use VIO he has a great website with lots of useful info.

Note all company names have been changed incase the answer is NO!!!!

I just wanted to ensure i knew what was OK and what was not! Thanks
    When in doubt ask a moderator before posting or pm the person and do your recommending that way.
    Sunshine Rewards

If you can get it on SR, whether it is a good or service, you CANNOT discuss non-SR merchants.
    Sunshine Rewards

I trust our moderators implicitly that when in doubt, they will ask an SR staff member how we feel or at worst edit the post. I can't see them giving infractions to people willy nilly. We all just need to trust that they do their best to keep the ship afloat around here (for very little credit) and wouldn't penalize someone needlessly. For the most part, this is NOT an area of the rule that we have had a lot of problems with. Far an away the biggest problem areas are talking about cancelling offers, using brand names in daily survey discussions, and instructing people on how to "get around" the fair way of doing offers with semi-bogus information.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I trust our moderators implicitly that when in doubt, they will ask an SR staff member how we feel or at worst edit the post. I can't see them giving infractions to people willy nilly. We all just need to trust that they do their best to keep the ship afloat around here (for very little credit) and wouldn't penalize someone needlessly. For the most part, this is NOT an area of the rule that we have had a lot of problems with. Far an away the biggest problem areas are talking about cancelling offers, using brand names in daily survey discussions, and instructing people on how to "get around" the fair way of doing offers with semi-bogus information.
    Thanks Tricia, I know that the Mods do a great job! and are perfect for the job they are doing! They do so much I am sure its very Little they are getting for what they do, and we are all glad they do what they do, becuase thats why the forum is so neat and spam is deleted, and they have helped us remember to not use BRAND names! and the other biggies, becuase we want to have fun and help each other on the boards, but we would not at all like to cause SR any damage WE all it too MUCH!

My last questions was only asked because i know i have seen and posted in thread like that and wanted to make sure that if that mentiones like that were no longer wanted (should not have been in the first place) are not contuined on..

Again this is new (same rules) just better enforcment, notice and explanations of what they are! :sunshie:
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Good rule of thumb, if in doubt, don't post it. Theres nothing that important to post about that it might infringe on the rules.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.