Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopping with gift cards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    Well, maybe this will confuse things even more. The price of the book exceeded my gift card balance so I had to charge a couple of bucks on my credit card AND use the gift card. So, maybe that had something to do with it?
    I did too!! I did, however, purchase the books through the B&N approved sellers or whatever they're called. I got new books, but there are some used one over there too ya know?

??? I don't know! I got my books, so I'm happy!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

The bad news is that because rewards sites are a pretty small portion of their online business, they can actually just make the decision not to allow us to give rewards back at all if we protest too much. A lot of the merchants already will not. So we walk a very fine line when we push them too hard. Most of them just do not see the value of the advertising dollars to be listed on a rewards site.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I don't look at it as them punishing us for using gift cards. I look at it as they are giving us an incentive to shop with them and they are setting rules by which we must abide. Just like with using coupons at the grocery. Everyone has the ability to use them but only those who abide by the terms (buying the correct package size and quantity) are able to take advantage of the savings. This is the same thing. They don't have to incentivize anything and by choosing to do so they set the rules. None of these rewards are ever guaranteed. They are free money. HTH!
    Sunshine Rewards