Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Green Bags

Default Green Bags

I was just adding the Green Bags offer and remembered something funny DD4 said.

Apparently the girls have been watching infomercials a lot lately because they have been saying weird things. Like while I was digging in my purse, DD7 said in a very announcer-like voice something like "Do you have trouble finding things in your purse? Do you need organization?"

Anyway, I was putting away the groceries and separating out fresh veggies that needed to be pitched before I put the new ones in the drawer. I was talking about how I couldn't believe the carrots were already slimy. DD4 says, "Mommy, did you know that there are ways to keep your vegetables from going bad? They are green bags that will make your vegetables last AT LEAST 10 days."

I looked at her at first like "WTF?" Then it hit me....the Green Bags commercials!!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I have been waiting for these things. I swear I watch that commercial and thing "Man I need those things!" I have been buying so much produce and I end up throwing Bananas away like crazy.
    Sunshine Rewards

The reviews on them are so-so. But the deal we got is good enough that you won't feel like you spent too much if you end up not liking them as much as you had hoped.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I was just adding the Green Bags offer and remembered something funny DD4 said.

Apparently the girls have been watching infomercials a lot lately because they have been saying weird things. Like while I was digging in my purse, DD7 said in a very announcer-like voice something like "Do you have trouble finding things in your purse? Do you need organization?"

Anyway, I was putting away the groceries and separating out fresh veggies that needed to be pitched before I put the new ones in the drawer. I was talking about how I couldn't believe the carrots were already slimy. DD4 says, "Mommy, did you know that there are ways to keep your vegetables from going bad? They are green bags that will make your vegetables last AT LEAST 10 days."

I looked at her at first like "WTF?" Then it hit me....the Green Bags commercials!!!

LMAO!!!! Isn't it hilarious what they pick up on???

ALong the same lines DD5 kept asking for (what I interpreted as) Girl Cush Stek Style, she said it so fast that's all I could make out. When I asked her to slow it down, I understood Streak N Style. Hadn't heard of it but that's what she wanted from Santa. So figuring she saw it on TV I asked her to call me the next time it was on, she comes running to get me, I catch the ad it's (made by) "Girl Crush" called Streak N Style! But man everytime someone asked her what she wanted she repeated it and sounded just like that darn commerical! She just asked me today why Santa didn't bring her Quick Jems by Conair! lol
    I swear whoever writes these ads sure know what their doing!
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Hey if they give me 3 extra days I will be happy. It seems the last 3 bananas always get tossed. So if I get 3 days I will feel like I got my moneys worth LOL even though I will probably pay more than I would for 3 bananas and I could just remove 3 bananas from the bunch and not buy them LOL
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    She just asked me today why Santa didn't bring her Quick Jems by Conair! lol
    I swear whoever writes these ads sure know what their doing!
    OMG!!! DD4 asked Santa for Quick Jems by Conair and I ordered it with only 7 days to spare from HSN!!!

I'm just as bad thought. Directtv had some kind of informerical marathon on a couple of weeks ago and I literally had to turn the TV off to keep from ordering the stuff.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

I just wanted to chime in and give my review of the green bags. I ordered some off of Ebay awhile back and they actually work pretty well. The drawbacks are they didn't come with any ties (or at least mine didn't) and you have to wash them out before you use them again and it takes a while for them to dry out. But they did keep the fruits and veggies fresher longer, but not quite as long as they claim.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Hey if they give me 3 extra days I will be happy. It seems the last 3 bananas always get tossed. So if I get 3 days I will feel like I got my moneys worth LOL even though I will probably pay more than I would for 3 bananas and I could just remove 3 bananas from the bunch and not buy them LOL
    They definitely keep bananas longer.
    Sunshine Rewards

[QUOTE=SunshineGirl;102876]

QUOTE]

You all have to know though that this kid is exceptionally smart. She could have invented the organizer. I could just hear her voice when reading the thread. Shes such an actress.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.