Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Green Bags

I received my green bags last month and have been using them for a week or so. So far, I'm really impressed and glad I purchased them!! The vegetables really do seem to be lasting longer! I put a cut cucumber in one last Wednesday and it still looks and tastes great-it looks like I just cut it today- no browning at all.
    I think another thing is that it is forcing me to eat better. After grocery shopping, I go through everything I bought and clean it and cut it up and put in the bags. It keeps me more aware of the veggies and since I have "prepped" them, it's easier to grab a veggie for a snack! I would definitely give them a thumbs up!
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I had no idea that you could put cut veggies in these. I thought it was only for whole veggies. I am so glad to hear this because now I believe that I will get them. We buy alot of veggies but some of them just don't last long enough for us use. Mushrooms and strawberries seem to be the worst. I would love to be able to cut up some of my whole veggies and store them in these bags though.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    I had no idea that you could put cut veggies in these. I thought it was only for whole veggies. I am so glad to hear this because now I believe that I will get them. We buy alot of veggies but some of them just don't last long enough for us use. Mushrooms and strawberries seem to be the worst. I would love to be able to cut up some of my whole veggies and store them in these bags though.
    Actually I didn't either... but thought why not try it! lol I just checked it again and I had half a cucumber that I had cut and it still looks good. I also had good luck with sliced mushrooms and cut up cauliflower. I haven't tried strawberries yet.
    Sunshine Rewards

Janet- I was just reading the instructions with the bags

It says "The Convenience size if perfect to preserve freshness of cut fruit and vegetable snacks at school, work or on the road, or keeping those last few small items fresh at home. Use a variety of sizes to split up prepared salads or for portion control."

There is a LONG list of fruits and veggies that can be stored in the bags- just about everything including cut flowers.

HTH
    Sunshine Rewards

That does help. I think I am going to order these right now. Thanks!
    Sunshine Rewards

ACKKKK! The link wont work lol I will be so upset with myself if i waited too long.
    Sunshine Rewards

I just tried it and it worked okay.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

I got my Green Bags this week too, I haven't tried them yet, but am looking forward to!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Dredging this up b/c I was just reading about them elsewhere.

For those who have them...the info you see before you click through to the site says that they are reusable up to 10 times. Is that really true, only 10 times? Or can they be used indefinitely?
    Sunshine Rewards

I thought about these as I was picking up produce at the grocery store today. Looks like SR has " twisted my arm" again!