Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rules for different members and computer use?

Default Rules for different members and computer use?

Hello! I'm a newbie here (thanks to whoever posted the link on ears to ears email) Anyways, I was telling my mom about SR and she is also interested. We love the idea of being paid with rewards that we can ONLY use at Disney. (We try and go to WDW at least a couple times a year and we're from WA!) Ok, back to my question....our house is wireless and has, at any one time, maybe 4 computers connected to the wireless router. As of now, I am the only member signing on from the house. BUT if my mom comes over with her laptop and joins, would she be able to connect to our wireless and and sign on to SR with HER compter? Does my question make sense?

Thanks!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

No she will not be able to sign on at your house because advertisers and SR track by IP addresses and duplicate IPs are considered fraudulent activity by the advertisers paying SR for traffic to their sites. If both of you sign on at your house using your IP then your accounts will be flagged for fraud and deleted.
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

As Catherine says, you can't use the SR site. However, my daughter and I are both members of SR, also. We do not go on SR at each other's houses, but I did clarify with Tricia that it is okay to go on the forum to read or post messages. HTH Welcome to SR!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the answers...we won't do that then. She wanted to see how it worked but I'll just show her on my account. Also, is there any problems getting credits if your using Vista as an operating system? I first signed up on my old computer which has XP Pro, but just switched over to my new computer that has vista ultimate. Heard of any problems? I've tried a few offers (the fast crediting offers) but haven't seen any credits yet....just wondering.

Thanks for the help

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I haven't heard of any Vista issues but I would make sure that there aren't any settings that could be blocking your cookies. I don't know a darn thing about vista so I can't tell you how to check it but I am sure the help feature on Vista could. Just make sure you are set up to recieve third party cookies and make sure that your firewall isn't messing things up.
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I have Vista on my computer and I haven't been getting credits for any of the offers lately although I have gotten them in the past so it does work. I thought maybe that could be my problem of why things weren't crediting, so I tried doing an offer on another computer in the house that is XP and I still didn't get the credit! So, it must be me?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Hi Wendy....you're welcome! (I'm the one who posted the link on ears to ears) Glad to see you joined! I see your question has already been answered. This forum is great! Hope you enjoy SR. Just be careful not to get addicted like me....
    -Cheri

Hoping to go in July '13...I must be crazy!

Sunshine Rewards

Hi Cheri! Too late...I already am addicted We have a trip planned to WDW in May so I'm on a quest to see how many Disney gift cards I can get for spending money.

So now another technical question...so you have to accept cookies. Now can you not clear them until you get the credit? How does the crediting work? Is your account creditted (not sure that's a word) even when you are not logged in or when you log in does it match up cookies you have on your computer in order to credit? Or is it a trade secret I'm just curious so I can make sure I don't loose any credits by clearing cookies and such...

Quote Originally Posted by wendyburger View Post
    Hi Cheri! Too late...I already am addicted We have a trip planned to WDW in May so I'm on a quest to see how many Disney gift cards I can get for spending money.

So now another technical question...so you have to accept cookies. Now can you not clear them until you get the credit? How does the crediting work? Is your account creditted (not sure that's a word) even when you are not logged in or when you log in does it match up cookies you have on your computer in order to credit? Or is it a trade secret I'm just curious so I can make sure I don't loose any credits by clearing cookies and such...
    Great! LOL Wait for the next special cash out to order your gift cards, and that will give you a little lagniappe. (ie. 24 credits for $25 disney gift card)

I'm probably not the best person to ask about the cookies, but I can tell you that you don't have to be logged in to get your credits. It's always a nice surprise when you wake up to newly added credits from offers/surveys you did the day before! (especially on Mondays when the weekend survey credits post)

As far as clearing cookies...I assume that you can clear them once you complete an offer, but you know what assuming can do... Maybe someone else can offer a better answer?
    -Cheri

Hoping to go in July '13...I must be crazy!

Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by wendyburger View Post

If you aren't logged into SR I don't think you can do anything to receive credits - shopping maybe but you won't get them since its not tracking your SR ID + the Cookie.

As far as clearing out goes if you over clear then you are going to have issues receiving credits. Most people clear out once every 24 or 48 hours.

Also note that it is not recommended to try to do alot of offers in one day (like more than 5-7 offers) and no more than 20 at most in a week. Lots of offers run through the same advertisers and databases and if they pick up on you doing too many at once you won't get credit either.
    Sunshine Rewards