Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delayed... :(

Default Delayed... :(

Who wants to have a pity party with me?!

So we got to the airport at 2:30 for our 4:30 flight, only to learn that our flight is delayed because of mechanical problems. They are re-routing another plane to take us and said to come back at 1 am!! Good thing we live really close to the airport. I am so disappointed, though, and I hate it when people mess with my plans!!!

So I was able to cancel the hotel in Clearwater with no charge (thank Goodness), delay the rental car, and we will (should?!) land by 6:00 tomorrow and will just drive straight to Disney (after waitng an hour for the Dollar counter to open).

We have absolutely no food in the house so stopped for a couple of frozen pizzas on the way home, I took a nap for a few hours and DH put the kids to bed at 7 and hopefully he'll get a few winks here so everyone gets a bit of sleep before heading back to the airport. And I guess we'll sleep on the plane.

Waaaaa!!! I hate it when my plans get messed up. But the good news is we should still get to Disney when planned and we'll be there in time for the P&P party tomorrow night. And DH is getting to watch football he wouldn't have otherwise.

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

ugh! That stinks!

Did the airline compensate you for the problem????
    Sunshine Rewards

good news you can keep your disney plans as planed sorry about the delay, but if its a mechancial problem, i am glad that they found it before you got on the plane, and for a safe trip! and a Fun Trip!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    ugh! That stinks!

Did the airline compensate you for the problem????
    No! I will officially complain after this is all over. They're just lucky I didn't break down and cry right there at their counter.

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    good news you can keep your disney plans as planed sorry about the delay, but if its a mechancial problem, i am glad that they found it before you got on the plane, and for a safe trip! and a Fun Trip!
    Me too. Thanks, Bryan!

sorry about the delay, I hope you have a great trip once you get there.

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

Good thing you live close enough to go back to your own home for the night. Hope all is well tomorrow morning. Have a safe trip.
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh Shelly, I'm so sorry your got delayed. I hope by now you are on your way back to the airport and everything is okay!!!

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I am sorry about the delay but I could just feel my heart racing reading how close ya'll are to being in WDW. Only Disney Nuts can get excited about someone else's imminent Disney trip.

Have a great time and I hope this is your only hassle while on your trip.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Hey Shelly,

I didn't see anything on the other board so I hope that means you left ok and everything is going back to plan!!!!! Can't wait to hear about it when you get home!

April
    Sunshine Rewards