Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Delayed... :(

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    Who wants to have a pity party with me?!

So we got to the airport at 2:30 for our 4:30 flight, only to learn that our flight is delayed because of mechanical problems. They are re-routing another plane to take us and said to come back at 1 am!! Good thing we live really close to the airport. I am so disappointed, though, and I hate it when people mess with my plans!!!

So I was able to cancel the hotel in Clearwater with no charge (thank Goodness), delay the rental car, and we will (should?!) land by 6:00 tomorrow and will just drive straight to Disney (after waitng an hour for the Dollar counter to open).

We have absolutely no food in the house so stopped for a couple of frozen pizzas on the way home, I took a nap for a few hours and DH put the kids to bed at 7 and hopefully he'll get a few winks here so everyone gets a bit of sleep before heading back to the airport. And I guess we'll sleep on the plane.

Waaaaa!!! I hate it when my plans get messed up. But the good news is we should still get to Disney when planned and we'll be there in time for the P&P party tomorrow night. And DH is getting to watch football he wouldn't have otherwise.

I know you are disappointed in the delay, but thank God they realized they had mechanical problems BEFORE you guys were up in the air! Everything happens for a reason! Try to get some rest and before you know it you will be on your way again. Have fun!
    Sunshine Rewards

Thank you everyone for sympathizing with me!

While I ponder how to put a trip report together, I thought I'd share a photo of our very tired 3dogfamily FINALLY arriving at the Magic Kingdom... this was taken around 4:30 pm. We had been up since the previous morning at 6 am --- not exactly what I'd call well-rested for the Pirate & Princess Party, but we persevered and stayed until the end!

Very nice picture! It looks a little cold. Of course, anything beats the temperature in the teens with a negative wind chill that we are getting here!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards