Thread: Question about Hotel Credit w/ AAA discount?

Default Question about Hotel Credit w/ AAA discount?

I recently (last week) completed a 2-night stay at a Fairfield Inn booked through SR using my AAA discount. I also completed (two days ago) a 1-night stay at a Residence Inn, booked through SR using the AAA discount.

Will I get credit for either one of these? I'm guessing no, but I just wanted to make sure.

On a related note, I had a reservation at MainStay Suites, booked through SR, that I needed to cancel. When I tried to cancel online, it would not let me and said I needed to call the reservations center. When I did that, the CS agent said that since my reservation was booked through a "travel agent" (i.e. third-party), I needed to contact "them" to cancel the reservation. Basically, she was telling me that I needed to contact SR to have "them" cancel my reservation. Eventually, I called the hotel directly and they were able to cancel the reservation without a problem. So, for future reference, if you need to cancel a reservation at MainStay Suites (or any hotel in their family) that you booked through SR, you need to call the hotel directly. HTH!

my husband regularly stays at Choice Hotels with a AAA discount and we do get the SR credit

Well, it has now been 7 days since my stay at the Residence Inn and 13 days since I completed the 2-day stay at the Fairfield Inn. I do not show a pending credit for either stay. Should I open a TT? I guess I should, just in case, but I don't want to be a bother if it is not a credit I am eligible for.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by kristenrice View Post
    Well, it has now been 7 days since my stay at the Residence Inn and 13 days since I completed the 2-day stay at the Fairfield Inn. I do not show a pending credit for either stay. Should I open a TT? I guess I should, just in case, but I don't want to be a bother if it is not a credit I am eligible for.
    I would go ahead and open a TT. I have booked through SR before and used the AAA discount without problems, but don't know if it varies from merchant to merchant. You and SR gain if a credit comes in, so I definitely would at least try. HTH
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I filed three separate TT's, but I think there may be some problems....

1) My "date of purchase"...I made two of the reservations LAST YEAR, but my stay was just completed. It wouldn't accept the date I actually made the reservation, so I entered the day of my stay.

2) I had made 2 separate reservations for Friday and Saturday, thinking I would be cancelling one of them. When we decided to keep them both, I called the hotel and asked if they would note that I had reservations for consecutive nights. They "rebooked" it, I think, because they issued me a new confirmation number, but the original reservations were not cancelled.

It's not the end of the world if the credits don't come through. I just do not want to create unneccessary work for the SR staff if it is known that I don't qualify. It sounds like it is worth a shot, though. Thanks.

The credit for the Residence Inn stay is pending in my account as of this morning!