Thread: referrals

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Default referrals

Hi! I have quite a few new referrals and I was wondering what was sent out to them upon signing up? Also how can we help them to earn more money?

Kim

I'm with you on that sentiment. I was thinking about posting something like this. I also have referrals that have been dormant for a while. I wonder if Tricia can send out a reminder email to people who haven't been "active" on the site in a while. I think a lot of people sign up, do a couple of things, and forget about it.
    -Cheri

Hoping to go in July '13...I must be crazy!

Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I think the welcome email invites them to explore the site and join the forum for tips and tricks. They should be receiving the weekly emails that we all get as well that highlites good offers, forum contests, site contests, and there has been a pretty good effort on SR's part to include blurbs about joining the forum to increase earnings.

Honestly I don't think there is anything else that SR can do. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. If you know your referrals personally try to reach out to them but otherwise I don't know.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.
    SO TRUE! I don't know how anyone can stay AWAY from SR. I go nuts if I don't sign in at least once a day (ok, maybe more than once )
    -Cheri

Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

For a lot of people its habit. It is seeing money coming in to make them want to do it more. I know not seeing money frustraits people and I hear a lot of times it isn't worth it for .01 and .05. I have actually physically gone to my mother in laws and my moms and showed them how to do offers. But after you see that 100 or get that gift card and realize that it isn't too good to be true then wonderful things happen. One thing that would be cool is if some of us who had lots of referrals all pitched in like 1.00 or something of their credits to send out a referral booster email. Don't know if something like that could happen or not but I would be game. I have 2 sitting at 4.95 and it kills me to see that. But without knowing who they are I can't email them to help them out. All my new ones are from the charity auctions and ebay sales actually. One gal found me on Disboards.

Kim

Quote Originally Posted by kimntrent View Post
    For a lot of people its habit. It is seeing money coming in to make them want to do it more. I know not seeing money frustraits people and I hear a lot of times it isn't worth it for .01 and .05. I have actually physically gone to my mother in laws and my moms and showed them how to do offers. But after you see that 100 or get that gift card and realize that it isn't too good to be true then wonderful things happen. One thing that would be cool is if some of us who had lots of referrals all pitched in like 1.00 or something of their credits to send out a referral booster email. Don't know if something like that could happen or not but I would be game. I have 2 sitting at 4.95 and it kills me to see that. But without knowing who they are I can't email them to help them out. All my new ones are from the charity auctions and ebay sales actually. One gal found me on Disboards.

Kim

Oh my gosh, $4.95 would drive me nuts! I have one at 4.01, and one at 4.15 (who is active, so I'm just trying to be patient) It surprises me they made it that far and stopped. In prior referrals, I noticed that if they got to 4.00 they would not stop. I think there's a "hill" to go over and once you get there, there's no stopping you...the problem is, lots of people don't have the patience to get there b/c they don't realize the earning potential yet. (so the $5.00 referral mark makes perfect sense...once they get there they are pretty much "in")

I, too, have a bunch that I don't know. Too bad we can't have a "Sunshine Workshop" (like a computer class) and guide them all to their 5.00---like I said, once they get there I'm sure they'd keep going on their own! LOL
    -Cheri

Sunshine Rewards

I, too, would love to find a way to give encouragement to my referrals, almost all of whom I don't know personally. Out of 41 referrals, I've only had 1 that made it to the $5!!!!! If they only knew what they are missing
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

I am game for everything we can do to get them to go somewhere. I mean the more money we make the more money Tricia makes and I would love to see them move some where. I have 84 referrals and 22 have hit 5.00.

Kim

We have a project in the works to show the newbies (and oldies) how to best use SR and get the most of their time to make the most money. Also, they do get a booster letter from me.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I have a lot of people that tell me they can't get anything to credit. I think that would be great to teach them how to do that. There use to be offers like Hyatt that did so easily. A lot of people are scared to get in and do the big boy ones because they are afraid of compromising their identity.

Kim