Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disney Visa Question

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by zoodoyle View Post
    What I've done in the past, to avoid the expiration problem, is cash out my rewards, then as soon as I get them, turn around and use them to buy a disney gift card for the same amount, then that one never expires! Hopefully that's still possible, haven't done it in a while!
    That is a really good idea. If my plans fall through then that would be the best way to save the reward dollars. I'm looking forward to booking the vacation but it is way too early for that since there are too many variables right now.
    Sunshine Rewards

Does anyone know about what credit score is needed to get one? I just applied and rec'd the email that says i should hear something in 15-30 days but didnt get an instant decision... My husband says I probably didnt get it

Quote Originally Posted by liviesmomma View Post
    Does anyone know about what credit score is needed to get one? I just applied and rec'd the email that says i should hear something in 15-30 days but didnt get an instant decision... My husband says I probably didnt get it

I got the same response when I applied on line and the Disney Visa credit card was in my mailbox about 10 days later. So that response may not mean that you will not get the card.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I don't think they auto approve anyone online. I had to go through the same process. I wish at the time I would have done a joint card but Mike and I weren't engaged. They are such a PITA that I've only been able to make him an authorized user and not a joint holder.
    Sunshine Rewards

Is the 800 reward dollars you can earn per calendar year???

I need to go back through my statements and see where mine stands.

Thanks
    Sunshine Rewards

I thought I read they dropped the 800/year cap. I'm not 100% sure though.

Does anyone know if you can still use the reward dollars to buy a disney gift card? I was thinking about doing that soon just so I don't have to worry about expiration of the dollars.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I thought I read they dropped the 800/year cap. I'm not 100% sure though.

Does anyone know if you can still use the reward dollars to buy a disney gift card? I was thinking about doing that soon just so I don't have to worry about expiration of the dollars.
    Yes, that is what I always do. I transfer all my reward dollars over, then when I hit whatever amount I am striving for I go online and use the rewards points for a giftcard.

I just transferred another $100 in rewards today...after this month's billing cyle I might have enough to transfer another $100...maybe 2 billing cycles (I did leave some rewards in my account) then when I have $500 on my rewards card I will buy a $500 giftcard! Yay!
    Sunshine Rewards

Awesome! I will be doing that soon.
    Sunshine Rewards

Did anyone get a survey from DV in their e-mail? I took it today and they are looking at doing a premier DV (you would just upgrade from your current one). It will cost you $49/year but you will always get 2xs the reward dollars. You will also get 5xs the rewards over $300 (I think) for the first 3 months you get your card on dining, gas, groceries and airline.

The big new thing is that if you use your DV to purchase flights, you can use your reward points to pay that part of your DV. I think that's a good idea. Espcially for those of us that take trips to WDW or other places and don't have an airline card to rack up miles.

Oh, and they have some new designs too. A red card with Sorcerer Mickey and an all green card with Tinkerbell. Also a red Cars card. There are a few more designs but I can't think of them now.

What do you guys think?
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I already pay an annual fee on my Southwest card and my American Express. I think I'll stay with the free Visa.

I hate paying annual fees and if my Amex wasn't my 2nd oldest credit card I'd close it. We fly Southwest so that card is worth it for us since no other reward programs offer Southwest points/rewards.

It does sound like a good idea if you go to Disney every year though. Since we try and do different things each year we wouldn't want to be pinned down with a specific vacation destination reward credit card if that makes sense.
    Sunshine Rewards