Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DL Park pictures!

Those are really good ones Robin... Next time I go, I promise to take more detailed pics.. When do you plan on going again?

They have the COOLEST parade right now that they introduced for the 50th birthday- I was in tears and agape, it's SO AWESOME. This is the Pinocchio float- you can see the marionettes on stretchy rubber things- they would bounce and flip and do all these cool acrobatics. Then there was a Little Mermaid float, Alice in Wonderland where they had a whole tumbling mat thing on the tea party table where they would do more acrobatics, a Lion King float....it is AWESOME. DH and I didn't see it last Oct and I sorely regret it.

Lots of interactive stuff over at DCA for the kids- this is at Redwood Creek challenge, which had rope climbs, tunnels, and this zip line that my younger son is doing- good fun!

Interactive fountain in the Bug's Life area of DCA- more fun for little ones!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

I loved the pictures, and now I miss Disneyland

That's it!! I'm planning my 2008 trip!
    Sunshine Rewards

I liked the ride pics! A Pinochio ride???? I would love to go on those rides that they do not have in WDW. Very cool! Thanks for sharing!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

The slideshow was great. the castle looks so pretty.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

Quote Originally Posted by ItsmeSunnyV View Post
    Those are really good ones Robin... Next time I go, I promise to take more detailed pics.. When do you plan on going again?

I honestly don't know. I used to go about 1-2 times per year when I lived in CA. Now we go every other year? It's fiscally CHEAPER for us to make a vacation to WDW- isn't that crazy? Hotels are cheaper at WDW for us, and the airfare has been about the same. Weird.

DH has his preliminary orders for Iraq for 2009 (Jan I think). If he does go, then I bet my parents would go to disneyland with me with the kids at some point in 2009. If he is home, I'm not sure we would do DL- he's kind of sick of it.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    I liked the ride pics! A Pinochio ride???? I would love to go on those rides that they do not have in WDW. Very cool! Thanks for sharing!
    The pinocchio ride is rather cute, too. Let's see, off the top of my head, DL has these rides that WDW does not have:
    Pinocchio
    Alice in Wonderland
    Matterhorn
    Casey Jr train
    Storybook Land Canal Boats
    Roger Rabbit's car toon spin
    Finding Nemo Submarines
    Indiana Jones (ride is like Dinosaur, but better)
    DL still has the Canoes

New Orleans Square (but no Liberty Square)

Rides that are QUITE different at DL-
    Pirates
    Buzz Lightyear (the guns come out of their holster, game a little more interactive)
    Space Mountain (smoother, music soundtrack)

Plus lots of rides at DCA, namely the big Roller Coaster, Monsters Inc, Grizzly River Run. A lot of rides they have at DCA are at WDW though (soarin, TOT, Playhouse Disney, Turtle Talk).

I have to say that i think Dining is WAY better at WDW. The food was very 'eh' when we went in October. Maybe we ate at the wrong places. Some decent restaurants at the hotels, but the park food was lacking. I used to LOVE to eat at DL, but the last 2-3 trips have been disappointing.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Oh I loved all the pics. Now I have the Disney bug, I am sure DH will thank you for that. It looks quite nice. Now I will have to go and experience it first hand.

I so understand the "cheaper" to go to WDW. When we wwent to WDW last year everyone asked why we just didn't go to Disneyland. But airfare was the same price to Florida, we could stay onsite fairly cheap renting DVC points,we did not have to rent a car, and there were so many more options for meals. Somday we will drive down there but that will be when the kids are a bit older.
    <Sunshine Rewards

I can't wait to go to DL but I want my kids to be a bit older so they can tolerate the time change with out me being annoyed that they are not good, ie tired when they need to be up & running.

I so want to go. I only went there once in 1977 & I was 5 going on 6 so I don't remember much other then that is where I rode Space Mountain for the first time.

And the hotel we stayed at by the beach had dolphins & I threw a Tic Tac for them to eat & when they cleaned the dolphin tank I swear the Tic Tac was still there.
    Kerri