Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am still steaming.....

Default I am still steaming.....

Ok. let me preface this. In florida from Oct to March every year we get the "snowbirds". Those are the people that drive 20 miles under the speed limit, in the left lane because they are making a left turn 22 miles down the road and can't switch lanes, because they can't see over the steering wheel or their white knuckles. Ok, got that. They also infiltrate all the restaurants, especially at happy hour or that 4-6 hr that dinners are lower iin price, you with me so far.
    Ok, tonight, Jeff and I were seated in a little local restaurant pretty close to the tv and we were watching Sports Center (Brady is in a walking cast, but thats another store, oh ya, one I didn't get to see), as we were watching it, some "snowbird" gets the waitress to change the channel cause he just sat down and didn't want to watch that, so I instructed my waiter to change it back. When he tried, the little blue haired guy got up and yelled at him. The waiter came over all apologetic, so, I got up and went over to the old fart and told him that I was watching the tv first and he had no right to change it. He told me he wanted to watch basketball and that he had been watching it and Sportcenter was over. I told him he was a liar, that I saw him walk in and that Sports center was NOT over and that he was nothing but an old rude man and I walked away. Jeff just sat there looking at me. The waiter came over and wanted to laugh, but instead he told us how fed up he is with these snowbirds coming in and acting all superior and like they own the place. We were done eating so we were leaving anyway or I would have just changed it back. The snowbird and family wouldnt even look over. How rude some people are, and an AARP card doesn't give you rude benefits, after all, I have one too.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

icartjetta is offline Crap, I hate games. If I see naked people they better be good looking.

Cindy, I see your eye is feeling better! That's a good thing!
    Traci
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Go Cindy! Glad you stood up to the guy. I hate when people change tv stations at the gym or worse yet when the freaking girl comes in while I am deep into my workout, sees me sweating up a storm, and proceeds to turn off the ceiling fans on me. People should be courteous and ask first!
    Sunshine Rewards

Glad to see at leat you got your spirit back! That would be really annoying and I'm glad you said something, too many people just let things go because they're too embarrased to say something and stand up for themselve's. It's good you put your foot down, especially after the last few days you've had. Let us know if you need the SR mafia, I'm sure we can arrange something...
    Lisa

Sunshine RewardsPhotobucket

Hey my husband has mafia connections Okay, he really does but that is another story! I hope you at least enjoyed your dinner!!
    Betsy

Sunshine Rewards

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

Cindy, that was funny!!

Glad you went over and gave him a piece of your attitude!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bellanlivismom View Post
    Hey my husband has mafia connections Okay, he really does but that is another story! I hope you at least enjoyed your dinner!!

I grew up with the Mafia. I could tell you some stories. When I was little I played in the backroom of a candy store and a toy store that were both mafia owned. When I got older and was in a bad relationship, they offered to "take care of the situation while I was out of town".

My dinner was great. The French Onion soup was perfect.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

At least you're feeling better.

There was a classic bit in the local papers a few years ago about how long it takes to get to the early bird special in Naples, FL.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Oh Cindy....when your eye is better, will you be sure to send your "How to Be Cindylike, Take No Crap from No One! ...even the bluehaireds" handbook to me? I'll PM you w/my address & I'll even send a self-addressed stamped envelope to speed up the process! Lord, you crack me up & good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by bellanlivismom View Post
    Oooh you don't know how much this intrigues me! Ever since I watched "Married to the Mob" way back when, I soooo wanted to always be part of the mafia! Wearing cool clothes, cracking my gum, running away from gunshots....ahhh...dreams....
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Way to go Cindy. Glad that you stood up for yourself!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards