Thread: It's Harry Potter Day!!!!

Default It's Harry Potter Day!!!!

FINALLY Deathly Hallows part 1 is released today!! I never got a chance to see it in the theaters so i'm so excited for today!!

I scoured the ads from Walmart, Toys R Us, Best Buy, Kmart, and Meijer to see who had the best deal for it.....Best Buy had DVD's for only $13.99!! $16.99 for Blu Ray, but we only have a PS3 and I didn't really want to bother buying a Blu Ray when I didnt' really have a player so I got the DVD. Hey, that's a heck of a deal for a new DVD Release! now to patiently wait for it to come in!
    Jennifer -

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

In store pick-up! LOL
    Sunshine Rewards

I know!!! This is the first HP that I didn't get a chance to see in the theater and I've been waaaaaiting for it to come out! Thanks for doing the price leg work for me I'll have to order it on Best Buy (through SR naturally) and do the in-store pick up!

Can't wait to see it!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Ugh Best Buy store pick up and i do NOT get along........it's a nasty fight and we've gone rounds with it too.....just isn't worth it. Besides, I have to watch Half Blood Prince this weekend to catch up!
    Jennifer -

Darn! I completely forgot to get it ordered so that we would have it by this weekend!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

A hint for watching it....see it on the BIGGEST TV you can get your hands on!

We managed to watch it in the theaters, and it was amazing. The last few HPs we hadn't seen in the theaters, and they fell flat for us; we thought it was the movie itself.

But when we saw it in the theater (and we saw it separately, each taking DS to see a different movie while the other watched HP, so it wasn't just the thrill of alone-time LOL) we were absolutely mad for it.

Saw an ad for the DVD release, and...it fell flat. We figured out that the smaller the screen, I don't know, it just seems to change the movie. So see it on the biggest screen ya got.

We only have a 32", and seeing that ad on that screen just made me sad...

But it's an amazing movie, most definitely!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    A hint for watching it....see it on the BIGGEST TV you can get your hands on!

We managed to watch it in the theaters, and it was amazing. The last few HPs we hadn't seen in the theaters, and they fell flat for us; we thought it was the movie itself.

But when we saw it in the theater (and we saw it separately, each taking DS to see a different movie while the other watched HP, so it wasn't just the thrill of alone-time LOL) we were absolutely mad for it.

Saw an ad for the DVD release, and...it fell flat. We figured out that the smaller the screen, I don't know, it just seems to change the movie. So see it on the biggest screen ya got.

We only have a 32", and seeing that ad on that screen just made me sad...

But it's an amazing movie, most definitely!
    It's for movies like this that I'll appreciate the fact that my hubby built a huge screen that takes up an entire wall in our basement with a projector. I don't go into his man cave (for lack of a better word) very often, but I sure do for movies! Thanks for mentioning this or I may have just watched it upstairs!

did anyone else buy from Best Buy? I still don't have my credit pending yet.
    Jennifer -

Quote Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
    did anyone else buy from Best Buy? I still don't have my credit pending yet.
    I did in-store pick up and I think my credit just went into pending yesterday. Hope yours shows up soon!