Thread: Paypal question

Default Paypal question

I am fairly new and trying to decide whether to redeem Giftcards or Paypal. I am curious about how Paypal works with regard to SR. I have a few questions if anyone could help guide me. First, is there a fee to transfer from SR to Paypal. Second, is there a fee to transfer from Paypal to checking/savings. I am really confused and would greatly appreciate any advice.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Welcome!

1st question - There are no fees charged by SR when you cash out via paypal. Gift cards are charged the postage to mail them and nothing else.

2nd question - If you have the basic paypal account then there are no fees to transfer to your bank account. If you sell online like through a website or ebay then you most likely have a premier account and then fees would be taken out.
    Sunshine Rewards

I love cashing out for Pay Pal. I have a regular PP account and it's linked to a separate bank account. No fees to transfer money from PP to my bank. I don't have to decide which gift card to cash in for; the money is in the bank and I can choose to use it for anything I want. Right now I am saving for my next trip to WDW.

I know you can use PP when you shop on line; I prefer to pay by credit card to get the rewards.

Thank you both for your help! Paypal sounds very appealing.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by GBABA View Post
    Thank you both for your help! Paypal sounds very appealing.
    It's my number one cash out option. As previously mentioned you can put it in the bank and earn interest on it till you want to use it. I have my paypal linked to both my regular Chase account and my Vacation Savings account at ING Direct. It works out well.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Welcome!

1st question - There are no fees charged by SR when you cash out via paypal. Gift cards are charged the postage to mail them and nothing else.

2nd question - If you have the basic paypal account then there are no fees to transfer to your bank account. If you sell online like through a website or ebay then you most likely have a premier account and then fees would be taken out.
    Also, if you have a paypal account for selling on ebay, there's nothing to stop you from signing up for a second, regular account. I have my ebay account linked to my regular checking and my SR basic paypal linked with an ING savings account.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards