Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney tricks!!

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Default Disney tricks!!

Care to share any tricks that you have learned over the years at Disney?

Somebody mentioned using post-its to cover the automatic flusher for kids. We have been using that for a few years now.

Any others out there??
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Hmmm...this is a good one...I'll have to think about this....I don't know that I have tricks...hmmm....
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post

Somebody mentioned using post-its to cover the automatic flusher for kids. We have been using that for a few years now.
    Wow, what a great idea!! My five your old is terrified of those potties!! She's gonna' be soooo happy when I tell her your trick - thanks so much for mentioning it!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

One of my favorites to do, just for DH and I, is Crystal Light packs, or something like it, to add to water that we refill at a bubbler. I also usually pack some Gatorade, bottled water, and cereal for us to have down there. It's cheaper to buy at a store around here and the bonus is once it's gone, we've got room for in the luggage for the souvies we're bringing home.
    Lisa

Sunshine RewardsPhotobucket

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Well, it's more of a tip, but it does the trick! Ok, I'm tired

To keep drips from getting messy with a Mickey Bar or any kind of popcicle...keep some plastic drink lids handy. Insert the stick into where the straw would be...the lid will catch the drips!

Though getting messy is sometimes the fun part!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Another trick/tip I have is to pack lots of your things in plastic bags. Different sizes for different for different things. Then when you need a bag for something on the trip you have one! (ice pack? cold washcloth for the hot weather? dirty diaper?)
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    Well, it's more of a tip, but it does the trick! Ok, I'm tired

To keep drips from getting messy with a Mickey Bar or any kind of popcicle...keep some plastic drink lids handy. Insert the stick into where the straw would be...the lid will catch the drips!

Though getting messy is sometimes the fun part!
    Oooh that's a good one!!

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    Another trick/tip I have is to pack lots of your things in plastic bags. Different sizes for different for different things. Then when you need a bag for something on the trip you have one! (ice pack? cold washcloth for the hot weather? dirty diaper?)
    I totally do this too! I usually pack a few store plastic bags (Old Navy) for dirty clothes too...I just hate having my dirty undies floating around my luggage!! :0)
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

I bring several small plastic shoe bags with about 12 pockets in the and hang on a rack or on a hook of the back of a door. We put our toothpaste, brushes deoderant cream etc in them so the sink is not clutered even hair brushes. Each person can have a row or you can give one to several people and keep it in the closet until it is there turn for the bathroom and they can take it with them. We use this at disney and when we timeshare we find it helps you find things faster and helps with bathroom clutter. You can usuall buy these at the dollar store.
    Sunshine Rewards
    "
    Jo

Last week a Photpass CM suggested taking a photo of your Photopass card number on your own camera. That way, if you lose your card, you can still look up your pictures online. I had already written my number down, but this is a good tip I think.

Some good tips already!!

A Ziploc type bag can come in handy to put your camera or other things in on the water rides or in the rain if needed! Also good for dirty clothes/ diapers etc.

We also fill our water bottles about half way full (or almost all the way in the summer) and freeze them overnight. Before you head out, fill the rest of the way with water. We are DVC members so always have at least a small fridge which helps.
    Last edited by disney_girl; 01-26-2008 at 01:58 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards