Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney tricks!!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by Kittykat View Post
    We always pack two pop-up hampers for our dirty laundry. I never re-pack dirty laundry, I just load the full hampers in the car at then end of our stay and toss them into the laundry room once we get back home.

Of course, I don't think this would work as well if you were flying.
    We fly and we do something similar....I have a big laundry bag, the kind with a drawstring at the top. We keep this in the closet and all dirty clothes get put into this....at the end of the trip, I close the bag and pop the whole thing into one of our empty suitcases, the other suitcase gets whatever clean clothes we have left and all the rest of the stuff we brought or bought! Works great for us!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    We fly and we do something similar....I have a big laundry bag, the kind with a drawstring at the top. We keep this in the closet and all dirty clothes get put into this....at the end of the trip, I close the bag and pop the whole thing into one of our empty suitcases, the other suitcase gets whatever clean clothes we have left and all the rest of the stuff we brought or bought! Works great for us!
    Oh, good idea! I'll have to keep this in mind next time we fly somewhere on vacation. Nothing worse than re-packing your clean clothes with your dirty ones...ick!

You can get a free cup of ice water from any vendor who has a soft drink machine. Just go up and ask for a cup of ice tap water. There's supposedly a filter on the Coke machine for it too.

I did this many times last July and never spent a dime on water.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    You can get a free cup of ice water from any vendor who has a soft drink machine. Just go up and ask for a cup of ice tap water. There's supposedly a filter on the Coke machine for it too.

That is a good tip. It also works outside the parks. When I lived in Cocoa, after a day at the beach, we would go to the nearest fast food drive thru and ask for cups of ice water(with no other purchase). They always obliged.

There are often offers out there to receive free samples of detergent. Take those along if you plan on doing laundry while you are away- much easier to travel and cheaper than buying there.
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post

We did this last trip, it was great. I always asked, politely "If possible" for a large cup of ice water and always rec'd the tall cups. Sometimes we would put the Wyler's (same as Crystal Light...but 8/$1 at Dollar Tree ) packets in them.

You can also get cups of hot water to make your own tea or instant coffee. Taster's Choice (what most Disney has anyway) makes travel tubes now similar to the Wyler's. It tastes the exact same as their coffee (except those rare places that have good coffee...).

I love reading everyone's ideas!

Did anyone mention Blister Block yet? Never travel without it!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by JOLAROCHE View Post
    I bring several small plastic shoe bags with about 12 pockets in the and hang on a rack or on a hook of the back of a door. We put our toothpaste, brushes deoderant cream etc in them so the sink is not clutered even hair brushes. Each person can have a row or you can give one to several people and keep it in the closet until it is there turn for the bathroom and they can take it with them. We use this at disney and when we timeshare we find it helps you find things faster and helps with bathroom clutter. You can usuall buy these at the dollar store.
    Great tip!! I have started a planning notebook and I put shoe bag on my list of must haves.

I hit the dollar tree and pick up ponchos, I think you get 2 for $1. They are very small to pack in your backpack. If we use one, we just discard and get new ones for the next day.

I also buy the light up tubes at Dollar Tree to pull out when the girls want some. Much cheaper and they don't take alot of room. They can spend the money on something else.

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Be careful...I bought these at the dollar store and they ripped even before I got them out of the bag! Just make sure you get a quality one.
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    Be careful...I bought these at the dollar store and they ripped even before I got them out of the bag! Just make sure you get a quality one.
    Oh, that is too bad. Especially when it is pouring. We have been using these for several years and haven't had any problems. I think I will carry extras, just in case.

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    Oh, that is too bad. Especially when it is pouring. We have been using these for several years and haven't had any problems. I think I will carry extras, just in case.
    Whoops! I should have quoted in my last post. I meant the shoe holders ripped. My dollar store ponchos are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! We buy a few and then throw them away also.

Sorry for the confusion!
    Sunshine Rewards