Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Disney tricks!!

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    Whoops! I should have quoted in my last post. I meant the shoe holders ripped. My dollar store ponchos are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! We buy a few and then throw them away also.

Sorry for the confusion!
    Thanks. I guess I will try a little more expensive shoe holder. That would not be fun if it ripped and everything went kaboom.

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

I always pack clothespins. You would be amazed how many uses you can get out of something so simple.

Hang up wet bathing suits in the shower
    Close chips/snack bags
    Keep the baby blanket on the stroller

We have packed 5 clothespins everytime we go on vacation and each time we use them.

I love hearing everyone's ideas
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

We always have clothespins packed too, I have a baggie of them in my suitcase and just leave them in there, ready for the next trip....clothespins are great, also use them at home to close chips etc.

For the past couple of years I leave all my liquid stuff, medicines, all toiletries etc. hair brushes, makeup etc. everything except my clothes I keep packed and in the suitcase. I have bought duplicates of everything I use just for vacation purposes, it makes it so much easier to pack when you only have to think about packing your clothes. I refill things that need refilling when I return from the trip, repack and it is ready to go the next time. If something is close to expiration, I just replace it with a new one and use the other at home.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Great tips everyone! Here's one of mine... I had a sample of dishwashing liquid but you could take a small travel bottle with some in it. We used it to wash our refillable mugs. You can rinse them in the mug wash sink next to the soda machines, but I liked having them nice and clean with hot water and soap!!

One more thing to pick up at the Dollar store... I found small hard covered spiral bound notebooks with Pirates of the Caribbean pics on them and we used these for autograph books this time. Saved a bunch of money, since we already have 2 official WDW books.

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post

For the past couple of years I leave all my liquid stuff, medicines, all toiletries etc. hair brushes, makeup etc. everything except my clothes I keep packed and in the suitcase. I have bought duplicates of everything I use just for vacation purposes, it makes it so much easier to pack when you only have to think about packing your clothes. I refill things that need refilling when I return from the trip, repack and it is ready to go the next time. If something is close to expiration, I just replace it with a new one and use the other at home.
    We do this too and it's a great time saver! All of our toiletries are pretty much ready to go well before the trip. I just refill/ replace everything when we return so it's ready to go.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by sammielynn View Post
    Always carry a bandanna. You can use it for so many thing. Get to hot, wet it and tie it around you neck. Get a cut or scrape, use it to stop the bleeding. Get sticky, use it as a washcloth. Wet, use it to dry off. So much to be done with one small piece of material.
    When our girls were younger and we had a stroller I would tie the bandana to the handle of the stroller when parking it at a ride. Very easy to spot!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    We do this too and it's a great time saver! All of our toiletries are pretty much ready to go well before the trip. I just refill/ replace everything when we return so it's ready to go.
    With us being DVC members and at least in my case, being lucky enough to go to Disney at least 2x a year makes it a must to simplify things....I would love to become an owner of those purple lockers that you put your stuff in (don't know if I'm allowed to mention them here) but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to spend $100 per year for the convenience, I keep thinking of all the kiosks that I can visit with all that money during F&W.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    With us being DVC members and at least in my case, being lucky enough to go to Disney at least 2x a year makes it a must to simplify things....I would love to become an owner of those purple lockers that you put your stuff in (don't know if I'm allowed to mention them here) but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to spend $100 per year for the convenience, I keep thinking of all the kiosks that I can visit with all that money during F&W.
    Very true! We are DVC and go at least 2x a year as well! So, it makes it easy to just simplify these things up front! I briefly thought of the locker since these aren't things we need in our daily life, but I convinced myself I would rather use the money elsewhere at Disney for fun!
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I have a purple locker and LOVE it! I think of it as not having to bring liquid on the plane...not having to remember to buy the same things every year and lose them by the next trip...and always having cute wine glasses to drink my wine out of on my patio at SSR!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    one of my fav tips if you like to drink alot of water but do not like the $$$ at disney or the taste of tap at disney is to order bottled water online, I have used stapes (SR CREDIT) and they will deliver right to the resort no problem! no need to pack water or go on a shopping trip it just shows up at your room! Out last trip was 5 people for 14 nights 15 days and we used about 9.5 cases of bottled water! so this was a big help! and with the room set at about 55 degrees the water was cold for most of the morning and never did get HOT as the day went on!
    I tried looking for stapes, but I couldn't find it....????
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800