Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 50's primetime cafe?

Default 50's primetime cafe?

Anyone take wee ones here recently? I'm considering taking the nephews in August, but haven't been since I was 9 (but I liked it).
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

We went last year...DD6 LOVES it...especially when I get in trouble for something. Once it was for tattling another for having my elbows on the table!

The food was good..the chicken nuggets are the real thing....yummy!

PS We always go for lunch around 11:30am and get right in!
    Last edited by ligrumpygirl; 01-27-2008 at 09:31 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

I was there for the first time in March. We went for lunch. We (4 adult women) Loved it. We had so much fun. the food was good too. I liked it enough to add it to the dining list for my family this summer.
    Betsy

Sunshine Rewards

We like it here too.

I have only been twice so far-once in the late 90's & another time in 2005. We didn't get ribbed either time which is fine by me but we still enjoyed it.
    Kerri

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

We went in 2006 and food was ok server wasn't very good but I wouldn't judge the entire place by him.
    Sunshine Rewards

We went one year ago, Jan 2007. Truthfully I thought the food was good but it was packed and we waited about 30 minutes for our ADR's. The server wasn't that great and our booth was in a poor spot. This is the only dinner we did that we will never go back for. But MGM doesn't have that many options.
    <Sunshine Rewards

my son 9 and myself ate there in april/may 2007 and we both really liked it. the food was good and our cousin was cool.

when the greeter was calling our names he said "i know you can hear me, don't make me come out there and yell!" it was funny.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

We've taken our girls (preschool & elementary school age) twice - Aug '06 & Sep '07. We LOVE it. The food is decent (for the price - it's fairly inexpensive for a table service meal) and the atmosphere for the kids is a blast. My girls enjoy picking out their dessert using the view finder toy (or whatever that thing is called!). My absolute favorite is the cheese appetizer...soooo good!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by jl8595 View Post
    We've taken our girls (preschool & elementary school age) twice - Aug '06 & Sep '07. We LOVE it. The food is decent (for the price - it's fairly inexpensive for a table service meal) and the atmosphere for the kids is a blast. My girls enjoy picking out their dessert using the view finder toy (or whatever that thing is called!). My absolute favorite is the cheese appetizer...soooo good!

What is the dessert finder? Never heard of that. I think after reading all your reviews that we must have just had a really bad waiter and that ruined our experience.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Ahh the Dessert finder, is like an old viewmaster viewfinder! with a slide reel of none other then the desserts that can be had at the 50's PrimeTime!

We went for the first time in sep 2007 with my DB(13) and DS(11) they liked it we were on the DDP! My Steak was OVER DONE! would have make them fix it but the others were almost done with meal and looking towards dessert and we needed to get going for Fantismic (not the Fantismic dining package) just planed a ADR so we had time, but had to wait about 20 minutes to get table was packed, had a fun server that knew when to play/ribb and when to know it was not a good idea or time! ALL in all not one of my Fav's for dinner at WDW but again not too many options at MGM now DHS
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.