Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50's primetime cafe?

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    But MGM doesn't have that many options.
    Primetime is the only restaurant I've read about that I don't think we'll ever try. It just doesn't appeal and I think the antics would annoy me.

We have, however, eaten at Sci Fi, Brown Derby, and Mama Melrose at the Studios and loved every one. I've been to MM twice and we'll probably re-do Brown Derby or Sci Fi (best for themeing if not the food) next time, depending on whether or not we want to get a Fantasmic dinner package.

We enjoyed it. My DD5 loved when Mommy and Daddy got into trouble. The servers are purposfully "rude". Our server called herself "The Babysitter" and we got into trouble A LOT! We had great fun with it all. The food was okay, some items were super yummy, some just okay. Mama Melrose and The Brown Derby are by far our favorites for food at MGM or Hollywood Studios!

We really liked it (my DD's are 12,10 &5) last summer. We had a good server, but the waitress at the next table was hysterical. The woman didn't like her food and didn't want to eat it and she got yelled at and the waitress tried to come over and feed her (literally!) DD's were hysterical and we all got in on it. Then the 2 waitresses in our section got into a loud fight about who was too bossy and the kids in the section were all egging them on. We had fun interacting with the tables around us and the food was very good.

The food is really more casual than most other table service meals and definitely less expensive, so not the greatest bang for your buck on the dining plan. We used this as our OOP meal since we used 2 credits for CRT. I would reccomend it for the fun atmosphere.
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards

DH and I went in Febuary, it was my 3rd time and his first. Lunch seemed a little more low key than dinner, not quite as crowded. We both loved what we got, potroast for me and fried chicken for him, the table next to us was very rowdy so it was fun to watch them get yelled at. As we were leaving we saw a whole table with napkin hats on Its a fun atmosphere and the prices are not bad. I definitly would go again.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

DH & I went last Sept for dinner. I thought it was fun & the food was good. DH didn't care for it much. Although, the interaction w/our cousin was pretty limited...which was probably best. Other servers were really fun to watch. I loved the ambiance of it most I think. It was pretty fun. Here are some photos, including the me w/the view finder finding my dessert! That was cute!

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

haven't been in over a year, but my girls like it..........the menu is nothing to be desired for for what I like, BUT the girls always have fun.........it is a cute atmosphere and kids usually get a kick out of it.

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards