Thread: Mineral Makeup

Default Mineral Makeup

Ok, I've read so much on here from all of your about this stuff, so I got myself a starter kit. Its pretty complete, the foundation, concealer, 4 brushes, eye highlighter, lip gloss, mascara and facial cleaning/moisturizing stuff. I watched the DVD, went into the site and watched their stuff, then put it on. I think I did it right. There were no gapping holes or heavy spots,
    but, I didn't like it. It seemed to actually accentuate every pore and little wrinkle I have. My DH walked in and saw it and asked what the heck I was doing (he loves the clean look and loves my skin). I had to agree, I don't like that makeup look, and it wasn't a heavy makeup look, but still, you could tell it was on there. I guess I'm just not the makeup type. I loved the cleanser and moisturizer and the concealer, a lot. Also the prep cream that is suppose to even out the fine lines, it was excellent. Oh well, I tried.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Cindy, I gotta agree. I tried a starter kit from the "original" inventor. It made my large pores look even bigger, it made the looser skin under my eyes look like sags and I got white deposits under my skin, not like in my pores, but like little marbles. I have never had them before and this stuff is supposed to make your skin better. I think I am just too old for it, (ammost 55) I am sticking with my Elizabeth Arden Mousse Aerosol.

I'm still working on getting the right color foundations for myself. But, I have been poring over the internet for information on the mineral makeup usage. When I tried my first sample, it really exaggerated the pores on my cheeks. They looked huge. There are a couple ways to minimize the pores or lines, apply a primer lotion before the foundation, or use the mineral veil, perfection powder, silk dust(according to which brand you have) before applying the foundation. Also, make sure your face is moisturized well beforehand. Then once you have applied the makeup use a fine mist of water(Evian mineral water spray) to set the makeup and eliminate that powdery makeup look.

I would also suggest that maybe you used too much. It's really easy to do when you first start using mineral make-up just because we're so used to using so much with other types of make-up. In this case less is more.

Also, make sure you use the mineral veil as your last step. It really helps to even everything out.

Hope that helps!

Good points, ok, I will try this today. I don't think I used too much because I don't wear foundation, ever, so I'm not use to packing it on. I used it very sparingly, tapped the brush like it said. The color was perfect, so that wasn't a problem.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I hated it the first time that I put it on, too. But now I really like it.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I agree you are probably using too much. I haven't tried the brand you have, but mine I just dab the brush in the lid side that only has a dusting. Rub the brush around the lid to work it in and shake it... then use a stipple motion to apply to your skin... and then spread it out to get it even. There really is a method and once you get it right you'll probably love it. And yes, you must have a good moisturizer first!

I tried it with the Base Perfector and it worked much better. I also looked at it in normal light, not under the bright lights of my bathroom, and its better. It also seems that after its on your face for a bit its better too. I used a little bronzer with it that they sent too, but I really need a blush. I prefer a cream blush, not powder. How does that do with this makeup?

I love this makeup too, but it is so different from other types of makeup that it takes a little getting used to. I don't know how you would do with cream blush, I use powder between the foundation and the finishing powder.
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards