Thread: Credit for magazines at Drugstore.com?

Default Credit for magazines at Drugstore.com?

Has anyone ever used Drugstore.com for magazines? My kids love reading the Disney Adventures and found it at a good price. The SR shopping page says you'll earn 5% back on Health, Beauty, Wellness, and Personal Care products (prescriptions excluded). But it doesn't include or exclude magazines so I'm wondering if anyone ever got credit for ordering mags through them.

Just curious - it doesn't matter much since I've already ordered it but it would be sweet to get some SR credit for it.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I swore that it was reported that that magazine will be discontinued or was discontinued.

As far as crediting goes I have no idea but report back if you see credit.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I don't know the answer about DS.com but I am a little concerned about the Disney Adventure subscription since I ordered that through another magazine company on here and they substituted Kids Sports Illustrated because DA is no longer being printed. I already had a subscription to DA before and recieved something saying it couldn't be renewed for that reason and I thought I was getting over on someone by finding the subscription. I thought maybe it was only being offered to some places. Turns out they couldn't get it either. That being said I would check it out to make sure that it is indeed still in print before you order and get a substitution for a magazine you don't really want.
    Sunshine Rewards

This makes me nervous. I've asked them to cancel the order and am crossing my fingers that it hasn't been processed yet. Even though there are plenty of mags for sale at Drugstore.com and my order clearly shows Disney Adventures, I don't like not being able to find DA at the Disney website and I'm finding websites that are saying that the magazine's been cancelled. That explains why I couldn't find it on my niece's Girl Scout magazine order form.

Geez Louise!

Thanks, ladies, for the heads up. I don't think my 9 year old DD would like the Kids Sports Illustrated!
    Last edited by fourfoxesinpa; 01-30-2008 at 02:53 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    I don't know the answer about DS.com but I am a little concerned about the Disney Adventure subscription since I ordered that through another magazine company on here and they substituted Kids Sports Illustrated because DA is no longer being printed. I already had a subscription to DA before and recieved something saying it couldn't be renewed for that reason and I thought I was getting over on someone by finding the subscription. I thought maybe it was only being offered to some places. Turns out they couldn't get it either. That being said I would check it out to make sure that it is indeed still in print before you order and get a substitution for a magazine you don't really want.
    Do you know if they are refunding money on current subscriptions? I have a three year subscription and only recieved 1 year of it so far. I have not heard of anything like this before. I had no idea that it was going to stop coming and I do not think I have a magazine lying around to find contact info at this point....
    Sunshine RewardsShirley

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I don't know the answer to that Shirley. My subscription had expired but I do remember that they (DA) called to get me to renew even though that the cancellation of printing was already in the works. i don't really trust that they would but it would depend I guess on who you ordered through.
    Sunshine Rewards

For whatever it's worth, here's a Wikipedia blurb about the magazine:

Disney Adventures was a children's entertainment and educational magazine published ten times per year by The Walt Disney Company. It should not be confused with the defunct Disney Magazine. The magazine also contained the latest news concerning the Disney Channel.

On August 21, 2007, Disney announced that Disney Adventures would be discontinued with the last issue cover dated November 2007, which was the magazine's 17th "birthday".[1] The October 2007 edition contained a "Cool Christmas" subscription gift order form. Subscription readers were notified in January of 2008 that their subscriptions will be transferred to Sports Illustrated for Kids on a 1 to 1 ratio. Disney expects to process subscription refunds in late February or March 2008.

I have an issue here and our subscription was to expire 2/08 and we haven't received any SI issues so I guess I'll have to follow up on our missing issues/credit. Per the 4/2007 issue, subscription questions can be addressed to advcustserv@cdsfulfillment.com (800)829-5146.

At least Drugstore.com has cancelled my order so that's one less worry. Thanks again for the alert about the magazine being discontinued.
    Jamie
    Last edited by fourfoxesinpa; 01-30-2008 at 03:12 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards