Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Survey Announcement

your not missing much... I'm not banned... and I still can't qualify for a survey... not many choices... don't think they have many surveys to offer...
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

Thanks Tricia for the newsflash from GR. i hate to say this but i kinda miss doing their surveys except for not qualifying, getting error messages or not getting any surveys at all. maybe one day GR will get their act together and send us surveys that everyone can qualify for and we can again generate a lot of money for SR.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    When Tricia called and told me this at first I didn't understand. How can someone be using different emails to take a survey. I change mine every so often, or quit using a certain email, but then she explained. Some people, and unfortunately a good majority, find they can qualify for a survey, so, when it comes up again, they put in all the exact info, except, they will use a different email addy. That means they are taking the same survey. Some members use an email here and others at a different site, so when that same survey appears on the other site, they know what to put in. Some members have done up to 170 surveys a month, or attempted to, with multiple sites, changing their demographics and not being honest. In todays day of computers, EVERYTHING can be tracked. Some members have not qualified for a survey, so when it came back up again, they put in different, and false demographics, just to make it work so they could take it. I'm not sure why SR has been singled out for this because obviously other sites have members doing the same thing, but, we were, and now we have to deal with it. I hate that this has put SR in jeopardy and now its time to brainstorm how we can fix this problem.
    Normally I wouldn't mention in here that I belong to another reward site, but I just want to let you know Tricia that you are not the only site this has been done to. There is another site who is no longer allowed to offer GF surveys. I haven't belonged the the "other" one very long but I never did the GF surveys on that site although I knew they were there. I've had enough bad luck trying to take them from here! lol As far as email addresses go, I've only followed advice from the forums and tried to get a survey now and then with a different email address when I was having trouble getting one but I've never done the same survey twice and I'm shocked to hear that some people have done so many! It's a shame that these people have ruined things for others. Anyways, I just decided to post this so you don't feel so bad. Just for the record, this site is my favorite and I think it's the best! You are doing an awesome job here with SR.
    DEE

I am sorry that SR is having this trouble. I believe that the vast majority of us were not trying to break the GF rules or get SR in trouble. That being said, the question that begs to be answered is, aren't there other survey companys that might supply us with some rules & enjoy our business?
    Last edited by MdCaterer; 02-07-2008 at 08:56 PM. Reason: oops typo...don't tell GF they will ban me again
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

Weird, I was able to get a survey yesterday and now today I go in and there are supposedly no surveys for me, wonder if I am banned?

I just went in to try to take a survey, haven't done one in a while, and there weren't even any qualifying questions. It went right to the page that says there are no surveys available. I only did 5 of their surveys in January and got discouraged because of never seeming to qualify. This was wierd to not even have any qualifying questions though. hmmmmm
    DEE

One of the things that bugs me about this whole mess (among many, many things that bug me!) concerns privacy. We're always told when we take a survey that our participation can't be tied back to us in any way, that our responses are only collected in aggregate, and everything is kept confidential. Well, we now know that GF can tell which surveys you took, apparently the answers you gave and, since they can tie it back to your SR account to ban you, presumably they can know who you are. This bugs me. Someone with more knowledge than me may know something I don't, but from what I've seen it looks like our privacy is not as protected as I thought. I will definitely think twice before providing information on medical conditions or other sensitive topics if I'm ever unbanned and allowed to take surveys again.

If anyone knows differently, please correct me. I'd like to be wrong.

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

Quote Originally Posted by goofy08 View Post
    One of the things that bugs me about this whole mess (among many, many things that bug me!) concerns privacy. We're always told when we take a survey that our participation can't be tied back to us in any way, that our responses are only collected in aggregate, and everything is kept confidential. Well, we now know that GF can tell which surveys you took, apparently the answers you gave and, since they can tie it back to your SR account to ban you, presumably they can know who you are. This bugs me. Someone with more knowledge than me may know something I don't, but from what I've seen it looks like our privacy is not as protected as I thought. I will definitely think twice before providing information on medical conditions or other sensitive topics if I'm ever unbanned and allowed to take surveys again.

If anyone knows differently, please correct me. I'd like to be wrong.
    I got to say, I feel the same. I thought I was providing honest (yet private) answers to those surveys. I don't like the fact that I am computer dumb and someone who is computer savy may know a lot about me and my home.
    Sunshine Rewards

As far as I can tell, a lot of information is NOT linked together. For example, only your survey RESULTS are tied to your demographic information. Your demographic information is not tied to your SR account. So you take a survey and if they are trying to track you down, they don't actually have the results to show me to figure out who you are. All that they have is 1) the email address that you used to take the survey and 2) the userid that they gave credit through in SR. So whoever has the RESULTS of the survey does not have your name, address, etc. And although I do have your name and real address, I don't have the results.

Does that make sense? So I have one part of your information and the survey company has the other part. But there is nothing to link them together. And under the SR privacy policy, I cannot give them any of your home information.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I thought I'd have a better chance of getting a survey with less people taking them...I thought maybe if one person wasn't hogging 170+ surveys that maybe there would be a few left for me... but I'm still having no luck... I guess I'm too healthy, too frugal, and my kids are in the middle ages... not the teen or baby they want for a survey...

so don't feel bad if you are blocked... there isn't much choice of surveys right now.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129