Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Survey Announcement

Unhappy Daily Survey Announcement

It is with sadness that I announce that Greenfield has determined that we have been sending a high amount of fraudulent traffic to their surveys. I was literally so shocked when they called me today that it took everything in me not to cry right then and there. Far and away if Sunshine Rewards is ANYTHING, it is an honest loyalty program with high standards for its members.

Effective immediately, many of you will be blocked from taking surveys. The number is so high that it actually threatens SR's very existence. Here are some of the things that Greenfield deems to be fraudulent:

• Taking surveys with multiple email addresses in order to take the same survey more than once.
    • Taking surveys so quickly that you are not giving quality answers.
    • Lying about your demographic information in order to be accepted into a survey.

Greenfield has been watching the number of email addresses that each of you use to take surveys, as well as which of you are also doing them daily on other rewards sites with different email addresses. I was quite shocked to hear some of your names. While Greenfield does expect that people might use a total of 2 or 3 different email addresses, they get suspicious when you use 5 or 10....or 20 or 30..... This INCLUDES using gmail to generate multiple email addresses.

At this time, I do not know what the fate of the Greenfield surveys will be on SR. I do know that some of you are going to be blocked from taking the surveys until Greenfield can come up with a way to prevent you from taking the same surveys multiple times. If they can find a way to do that, they will start to allow you back in on a trial basis.

It breaks my heart that something like this could mean a devastating blow to the future of the community we have created here. PLEASE think carefully when you complete offers and surveys about whether you are giving the advertiser true value for the credits that you are getting in return. It's absolutely essential to the future of the business.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    It is with sadness that I announce that Greenfield has determined that we have been sending a high amount of fraudulent traffic to their surveys. I was literally so shocked when they called me today that it took everything in me not to cry right then and there. Far and away if Sunshine Rewards is ANYTHING, it is an honest loyalty program with high standards for its members.

Effective immediately, many of you will be blocked from taking surveys. The number is so high that it actually threatens SR's very existence. Here are some of the things that Greenfield deems to be fraudulent:

• Taking surveys with multiple email addresses in order to take the same survey more than once.
    • Taking surveys so quickly that you are not giving quality answers.
    • Lying about your demographic information in order to be accepted into a survey.

Greenfield has been watching the number of email addresses that each of you use to take surveys, as well as which of you are also doing them daily on other rewards sites with different email addresses. I was quite shocked to hear some of your names. While Greenfield does expect that people might use a total of 2 or 3 different email addresses, they get suspicious when you use 5 or 10....or 20 or 30..... This INCLUDES using gmail to generate multiple email addresses.

At this time, I do not know what the fate of the Greenfield surveys will be on SR. I do know that some of you are going to be blocked from taking the surveys until Greenfield can come up with a way to prevent you from taking the same surveys multiple times. If they can find a way to do that, they will start to allow you back in on a trial basis.

It breaks my heart that something like this could mean a devastating blow to the future of the community we have created here. PLEASE think carefully when you complete offers and surveys about whether you are giving the advertiser true value for the credits that you are getting in return. It's absolutely essential to the future of the business.
    WOW is all I can say. I know there are other reward sites out there, but I have never came across any nor know the addy's, SR has only ever been it for me.
    I really hope you don't lose it Tricia, this truely is an honest family/business and I hope that it works out.
    I'm stil digesting this all, I can ONLY imagine how you must be feeling right now.
    Sunshine Rewards

Wow and here I thought we were good eggs that Greenfield would be trying hard to keep! I guess I was very wrong, I wonder what sites they consider to be sending them good traffic? I can't imagine more honest and thorough users then the members of SR.

I know that I actually enjoy doing the surveys on most days b/c I feel that I am actually contributing to making products better/ improving advertising, etc. I don't consider the surveys "free money", I consider them as work, and I treat them as such by giving good and honest answers and taking my time.

I'm so sorry that this has happened, I know that SR owners and members both depend on Greenfield surveys for the bulk of our earnings. It is really disheartening that Greenfield feels this way.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Wow - Tricia that's really surprising and very sad....Feel free to cry if you need to.

I cannot believe that you had so many issues with so many people...and apparently with some that you wouldn't have expected it.

I'm always afraid something like this was going to happen...

I've used two email addresses - one for my demographic information and another when DH takes one for me with his demographic info...

Sad day for all of us here at SR....
    Rachel

I'm sorry to hear this.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Oh My! I felt like I could cry right along with you as I read this post. I think SR is the best reward site I have ever seen and I hope that Greenfield comes to realize that the majority of the people here actually enjoy taking surveys. I hope that you can get something worked out soon.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

i am so sorry to hear that i know that my household uses two email addy's for the surveys my husband my daughter and myself. We have never fudged any info though i certainly hope that they reconsider and look at how wonderful this site is. IF we are blocked does that mean it wont accept our emails at all b/c i havent been able to get a survey at all today does that mean i am one of them sorry again tricia your site is the absolute best!
    Sunshine Rewards

When Tricia called and told me this at first I didn't understand. How can someone be using different emails to take a survey. I change mine every so often, or quit using a certain email, but then she explained. Some people, and unfortunately a good majority, find they can qualify for a survey, so, when it comes up again, they put in all the exact info, except, they will use a different email addy. That means they are taking the same survey. Some members use an email here and others at a different site, so when that same survey appears on the other site, they know what to put in. Some members have done up to 170 surveys a month, or attempted to, with multiple sites, changing their demographics and not being honest. In todays day of computers, EVERYTHING can be tracked. Some members have not qualified for a survey, so when it came back up again, they put in different, and false demographics, just to make it work so they could take it. I'm not sure why SR has been singled out for this because obviously other sites have members doing the same thing, but, we were, and now we have to deal with it. I hate that this has put SR in jeopardy and now its time to brainstorm how we can fix this problem.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by zummi525 View Post
    i am so sorry to hear that i know that my household uses two email addy's for the surveys my husband my daughter and myself. We have never fudged any info though i certainly hope that they reconsider and look at how wonderful this site is. IF we are blocked does that mean it wont accept our emails at all b/c i havent been able to get a survey at all today does that mean i am one of them sorry again tricia your site is the absolute best!
    I was wondering the same thing, bc I haven't been able to get into one either, we also use different email addy's but it's only to keep the demographic's straight (me and DH).

It really is sad, Tricia works so hard and I know the survey's are her bread and butter.
    Sunshine Rewards

Some members have done up to 170 surveys a month, or attempted to, with multiple sites, changing their demographics and not being honest.
    170?????????? Holy cow! Actual completed surveys? Does that mean that many with GF across SR and other reward sites???
    Sunshine Rewards