Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Survey Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    This is really sad news ...I would have liked them to have issued a warning of some sort first instead of outright banning of people? I have 3 emails that I use and recently signed up with a gmail account too but my son and husband have their own emails when they try for one. I have never changed my demographics, ever, to take a survey! I only do surveys at SR, no other sites and never have. I think it is very tempting to want to get a survey everyday because of the added bonus for doing "x" amount of surveys per month, I know in my case it is but I'm persistent and I don't work outside the home so have all day to keep trying. I feel really bad for SR right now, not a very sunshiny today?
    Yes - why not have issued a warning stating specifically what they considered fraudulent, so that if any were inadvertently doing something wrong and meant to be honest, they could have a chance to fix the problems. Why not have had a trial like that before they kicked some of us out?
    I just feel so sick that I helped cause these problems, tho I did not mean to. I guess I just didn't know or understand. Won't excuse myself - if I am half as intelligent as I like to think, I should have figured I shouldn't push my luck with the email addresses, trying too persistently to get surveys some days.
    Oh well - I won't hijack this thread any more.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    Well, I wondered why I was being blocked -
    just out of curiousity did the survey actually tell you that you were blocked or it just wouldnt let you take a survey at all
    thanks
    Sunshine Rewards

I am soooo sorry. I am afraid I am also one of the guilty ones...but certainly not intentionally! I have used different addesses and sometimes my husband or sons or dauther-in-law will take a survey for me using their information. I feel terrible that I was a part of this problem!
    Sunshine Rewards

Royal Pacific 03/09 then back to Disney 12/09 with the help of SR!

answer to zummi - I tried every single one of my addresses and was told each time that there are no surveys available for you today. I knew something was odd because this has not ever happened before, and then I come here and learn that Greenfield thinks that more than 3 emails is fraudulent - so I put 2 and 2 together.
    However right now it seems that we are ALL being blocked from replies that come in while I am busy replying!
    I have no illusions but what I will probably be on whatever list Greenfield has -because I DID have 4-5 email addresses, plus a gmail one (I mean including!)that I put a dot in now and then (tho only in the last week), and did try to qualify for a survey I was kicked out of in one email addy with another.
    Last edited by lanny76; 02-04-2008 at 05:41 PM.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Wow! 170 surveys a month!!! I've never even been able to get a big bonus 10-14 surveys is the most I've been able to do and I don't do any other site. Up until recently, I've used only 1 email for me and DH, but there was a thread a few weeks ago that said if you changed demo (me and DH) you had to use a different email. I also changed my gmail and have used the new one, but for me (and I take the majority of the surveys) I use my main home email. That is the one that I signed up for SR with, and I've had it for 10 years. I am so sorry that this is happening. Why does SR always seem to get singled out for these types of things? SR is such a nice honest site with great people.
    I hope this all gets straightened out soon.
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    answer to zummi - I tried every single one of my addresses and was told each time that there are no surveys available for you today. I knew something was odd because this has not ever happened before, and then I come here and learn that Greenfield thinks that more than 3 emails is fraudulent - so I put 2 and 2 together.
    However right now it seems that we are ALL being blocked from replies that come in while I am busy replying!
    I have no illusions but what I will probably be on whatever list Greenfield has -because I DID have 4-5 email addresses, plus a gmail one that I put a dot in now and then (tho only in the last week), and did try to qualify for a survey I was kicked out of in one email addy with another.
    Yes I think all SR members are being blocked at the moment.
    It's a shame that they don't have a better way to track this. I think a lot of us have several emails, but most use it for the "right" reasons vs the "wrong" ones. I have never changed my demographics to qualify for one, even when it's DH and I the only difference is our birthdate and race!

I'm really curious to see how they come up with the list, if it's just users who use multiple email addresses or email addresses that have changed demographics, bc I think they would see the numbers would (or at least in my opinion SHOULD) be a lot different depending on how they pull their data.
    Sunshine Rewards

Count me in as one of the bad guys - I only use 2 email addys though, mine and hubby uses his. Our demos are the same except for age and sex. I really thought this was okay. I know we have gotten the same survey before - maybe 2-3 days apart but obviously my answers are going to be different than his so we aren't duplicating the surveys. I haven't used any other sites in about 6 months (except pinecone), In fact, one time greenfield routed me to a pinecone survey which I thought was weird and I exited out of it before I even found out what it was for because I didn't want there to be any conflicts.
    Tricia, I hope you get this fixed so that you can feel better about it - just remember you have a whole lot of people here behind you.
    Sunshine Rewards

I know I am one who used several email addresses. I have a gmail acct. that I change every month or so and I would just type in the dot version of the day. I wasn't doing it to get multiple surveys. It was just in my head. If I got a survey I had taken I would close out of it. Now sometimes my husband or visiting family members would do them if I couldn't get one. Obviously our demographics would be different. I can't imagine getting credits for 170! I only had 7 for January.

I feel very bad because I moved the dot.
    Last edited by bajam; 02-04-2008 at 06:06 PM.

This is a shocker to come home to. Tricia, I'm so sorry this has happened to you and to all of the Sr's.

I haven't taken surveys basically since November but I will admit, my family could be basically called one of the problems. I do have 3 email addys that I switch back and forth plus we have a LARGE LARGE (a total of 10 who live in this house)family. In the past, if I couldn't get one, then Dh tries, and if he can't get one...I'll admit, my children might try. I don't know if any of us have gotten the same survey(I do know there has been times when we have spent over 30 minutes working on a survey) but with that being said, our demographics might change depending on WHO is taking the survey. I'm caucasian and so is the DH but two children are part hispanic. Our education is different than our childrens. Our income is different than three of our children who live with us. Our children are grown except for two of them but they all live with us plus in a couple extras(spouses/significant others). (YES THEY DO COME BACK HOME (shutter))

If My family or myself was part of the problem, I do apologize. I/they/us feel we didn't do anything fraudulent but we aren't the norm when it comes to families. I didn't know they were looking for just one type of person within a household. I admit it, in this day and age and they way the economy is, there will be more and more families living together.

With that being said, I think it is sad the Greenfield didn't give you advance notice of a recurring problem. Something like, from this point on, only one email address per user. They track our answers to surveys and payments via our Sr user info, so it seems logical that they could see a problem and would define the guidelines so we were all on the same page. I know that if 99.999% of us knew this was considered fraudulent(changing emails, letting family members take surveys, etc) we would have never left it happen.

I do apologize again if we were part of the ongoing problem.

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Also raising my hand as one who has changed e-mail addresses a few times. There have been times when I've seen surveys that "look" familiar but thought that it might be a different way of looking at a marketing approach.

In another thread I mentioned that I had pulled the wires on succumbing to good old R.C. guilt, but I'm thinking that's not true any longer.

Hoping things work out for SR, Greenfield, and the community here.
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards