Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Survey Announcement

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

Thank you sunshinemckenzie, well said

I still cannot get a survey! I'm banned!! Hopefully more details will come soon...
    Sunshine Rewards

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

I've apparently been banned. I'm not surprised at all though. I've definitely changed up my email addys and occasionally my demographics (income, household vs. mine vs. DH's depending on who took the survey). I've had a lot of company in lately and I've been having them do the surveys too.

The whole thing really ticks me off. I don't see how they can chose to ban us when we weren't even told that using more than one email addy/demographics, etc is against the rules. It's not right to change the rules half way through the game.

I'm sorry for my part in the whole deal, Tricia. Had I known that what I was doing would have been deemed as fraudulent (even though I used all honest info) I wouldn't have done them.

I hope you get it all figured out soon.

I could not qualify for one yesterday - but I did today

Hope this gets cleared up soon!!
    Sunshine Rewards

I got a survey today. It was very easy to get and was a pretty easy survey on politics.
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Can you all not click into yours anymore?

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Well said sunshinemckenzie, I agree!!!

April
    Sunshine Rewards

I guess I am confused. How does changing your email address help you qualify for a survey? Wouldn't the demographics be the same? Sorry guys...I'm relatively new here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey55 View Post
    I guess I am confused. How does changing your email address help you qualify for a survey? Wouldn't the demographics be the same? Sorry guys...I'm relatively new here.
    Well that's the question, isn't it? WHY would a change in email address bring up new surveys, when everything else is the same?

And yet it can, and it does, quite often, bring up new surveys.

But I think in their mind, email address IS part of our demographic, so a change in email is a change in demo, which they seem to have a problem with.

sunshinemackenzie, bravo for you grabbing their own words and trying to figure out how they can't have info if we need help, but suddenly they have tons of info when it helps them! Not only do their words paint a different picture, but just the page where you can say that yo're not xyz, and change to different demographics shows that they anticipated that others would want to participate, and they created their site so it could be changed.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    I know others have asked Tricia to post the banned lost. But maybe Tricia should post the list of those that are NOT banned. So those that can still take a survey can actually try to take a survey and help out SR. It seems the "good" list must be pretty short.

I would, respectfully, have to take the other side and request that she not publish any list for privacy reasons. Anyone that has read this thread knows that if they can't get a survey, they've been tagged. If you can get a survey, you haven't. Many, including myself, have volunteered that information but I see no need for SR to publicly disclose that information.

Anyone could take a look at that list and come to conclusions that may be inaccurate or unfair, not knowing the circumstances why each name has been placed in "time-out." Plus, I think there are ways for those who are a lot more computer savvy that I am to trace email addresses and that would be a major privacy breach. This is a public forum, visible to anyone who wants to look at it and sometimes we get a very false sense of security here and post way too much personal information. Now, if she would decide to send individualized emails to members advising if they're on the list, that's a totally different scenario.

I am certainly against the cheating tactics of the person who used all of those emails that have been previously listed on the board but, I must be honest, I was surprised to see a list of email addresses posted on the forum. I'm just thinking there's a possibility that one or two of them could be "real" and not fake. Even though what they did was very wrong, I don't feel it's the right of members in this public forum to have access to that information - It is for SR and possibly GF to deal with that person on a one-on-one basis.
    Sunshine Rewards

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    I am certainly against the cheating tactics of the person who used all of those emails that have been previously listed on the board but, I must be honest, I was surprised to see a list of email addresses posted on the forum. I'm just thinking there's a possibility that one or two of them could be "real" and not fake. Even though what they did was very wrong, I don't feel it's the right of members in this public forum to have access to that information - It is for SR and possibly GF to deal with that person on a one-on-one basis.
    Just to clarify, I am 99% sure that the email addresses I posted were fake. None of them are the addresses that the member uses to cash out to paypal, to get emails from us, etc. There were some similar lists that used real words (like kitty@hotmail, dog@hotmail, thedog@yahoo), that I think were all made up as well. But I didn't want to take the chance that they might actually belong to someone. I would definitely not post any real addresses anywhere and even edit people's posts when they post their own because any email address posted ANYWHERE is going to be a big 'old spam target.

If someone really wants to know if they are on the list, they can file a trouble ticket and I will tell you what email addresses that they listed for you. But suffice to say that about 2/3 of our regular survey takers were on the list.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs