Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spam & mail you did not request

Default Spam & mail you did not request

I really enjoy SR and taking surveys. However, since I have been taking surveys I have been getting lots of SPAM emails and even mail that I did not request. I have received health journals in the regular mail, lots of junk mail etc. This kind of stuff stresses me out. It is just my nature.

Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks your input.

Do you do the freebie offers? The extra spam and junk mail usually comes from those. Even if you just do them once in a while, those essentially pay you to sell your information. I'd definitely say that freebies account for about 97% of the spam and junk mail I get, so I just use a separate email account for those.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

I have never gotten physical junk mail from anything I do on SR. I use a separate email for any offers I do, although I almost never do freebies, so the junk mail I just delete every day. The junk you're getting is probably from something else you did, not surveys.
    Kayla

Thank you for the responses! I have done a few freebie offers but have only used an email address, not physical mail, and it was not my primary address. I am planning on deleting this account in the near future. The strange part about the physical mail and the advertising is that I have a newly built home and a new address. I have given my address to very few people. We are very protective with our personal information. However, I do list that information on the DS when I do take those surveys. It is my choice to do so. You can't really put blame anywhere but you can't say 100% that you are not receiving mail from any particular venue. I do know that I was not not receiving this quantity of junk mail physical and email in the past. Not a major problem. Just wondering what other were experiencing. Thanks again for your kind responses!

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    The strange part about the physical mail and the advertising is that I have a newly built home and a new address.
    I'm not sure what kind of junk you're getting, but this might actually be why you're getting junk. When our neighborhood was sold to a new developer a few years ago we got a whole bunch of junk because our address was used for "new to the area" type advertising. Also, you may have moved to an area that just has a more robust marketing industry.
    Kayla

This won't help you at all, but my experience is that yes, I have received TONS more spam and junk email since I started here. I did a lot of freebies here when I first started but NEVER used my primary email address...just a gmail one I created for that purpose. And I also don't use my primary email for the daily surveys. I only use my personal email for personal communication, so I don't know how this happened, but I can directly correlate it with when I started surveys.

Only thing I can think of is that somehow some shady spammers got around it by using my real name and address which I have given out on surveys (again, my choice) to find my real email. Also what's weird is that when we go on vacation and I take a complete break from surveys for about a week, my spam email is almost non-existent. Then when I come back and do surveys, it starts up again...can't figure out exactly why.

Anyway, I don't get any more junk regular mail that I've noticed, but the email...YES!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I want to reiterate to everyone that Sunshine Rewards does not share ANY of your information with ANYONE. We keep our list totally private and do not share it with even the advertisers listed on the site. The only way that they can get it is if you want to give it them. I know none of you were saying that it was us directly, but I just want to be sure for anyone that might come across this thread and wonder if Sunshine might be selling the information. We are VERY strict about that.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    Thank you for the responses! I have done a few freebie offers but have only used an email address, not physical mail, and it was not my primary address. I am planning on deleting this account in the near future. The strange part about the physical mail and the advertising is that I have a newly built home and a new address. I have given my address to very few people. We are very protective with our personal information. However, I do list that information on the DS when I do take those surveys. It is my choice to do so. You can't really put blame anywhere but you can't say 100% that you are not receiving mail from any particular venue. I do know that I was not not receiving this quantity of junk mail physical and email in the past. Not a major problem. Just wondering what other were experiencing. Thanks again for your kind responses!
    I have to agree that when you establish a new address, you get a lot of junk mail. We built our home 3 years ago and established the address, since it was just a vacant piece of property. Just this week, I have had more junk mail delevered than regular mail. The strangest thing is that I keep getting mail for a husband and wife - tax notices and collection bills - they have never lived here. And last week, we got mail for a gentleman - insurance papers - again he has nevered lived here. On all of that mail, I put RTS and they have actually called and questioned the status of the people they were sending the mail to. I haven't received any junk mail that I can say was because of SR.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I want to reiterate to everyone that Sunshine Rewards does not share ANY of your information with ANYONE. We keep our list totally private and do not share it with even the advertisers listed on the site. The only way that they can get it is if you want to give it them. I know none of you were saying that it was us directly, but I just want to be sure for anyone that might come across this thread and wonder if Sunshine might be selling the information. We are VERY strict about that.
    oh my goodness, no...I hope it didn't come across that I was implying that SR gave or sold my info. to anyone. As a matter of fact, SR doesn't even have my personal email address either! I have the utmost trust and confidence in SR that they are not distributing my information in any way. I just think somehow with either the freebies or surveys in some way the emails just started coming. I've never clicked on them so have never gotten any viruses...I just delete them immediately. Mostly just an annoyance.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I too am a confident member in SR privacy practices. I have never entertained in any kind of survey activity or internet dialogue until SR. I don't even have a Facebook account! SR has won the trust and confidence of a highly skeptical person in myself which is why I enjoy being a member due to their highly credible and ethical business practices.

My question about my extreme junk mail arose as I questioned what may have occurred as a result of third party interactions out of the control of SR. I know that there are disclosures pertaining to that with the Freebies, etc. which I do appreciate.
    Last edited by happymom; 05-27-2011 at 05:07 PM.