Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Broken Gold

I am always afraid of something like this, like I won't get what its really worth. Its good to see that alot of you used it and got money.

I need to find my envelope for them. I have been putting things together to send in, and have misplaced the envelope to send it in. Figures.
    Sunshine Rewards

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Quote Originally Posted by Kycha View Post
    What a great idea! What do you look for at the garage sales? What is the most you would pay for something? I'm gonna try this so any tips you can give would be a great help. Thanks in advance!!
    We have great yard sales here. You can go all day if you have the energy LOL
    We get our EARLY because nowadays many yard salers are all resellers and looking for the same things we are. I go straight for any jewelry I can see. First look for the obvious: Gold will have the little engraving that it is real (10k, 14k, etc). Sterling silver will typically have very small writing saying 925, Sterling. S/S or something similar on the clasp. For either, if the clasp has nothing on it, it is very likely that it is not sterling. A stamp of "10K, 14K, 18K, 585, 750, 900, or 925, 950, PT, Plat" indicates it is most likely real. Of course, you are still always taking a chance because things can be falsely stamped, but it is not common. I don’t pay much for anything, so to me, it isn’t a big loss. I have sent in envelops I have $5 into and got back $20, but other times I have got much more. Sometimes if something look real to me, but isn’t stamped, I will still buy it if it is cheap enough. I am pretty cheap. Most things I don’t give more than a dollar for, but I am always amazed at that people sell things for. I have found things for a quarter. Some days I go out and find nothing and some days we hit pay dirt LOL

I love yard sealing. I don’t just do it to resell. I buy all kinds of stuff, but more than anything, we just have fun.

You can check what are the best selling brands 24 hours a day on ebay (narrowed down to category) but I don’t think I am allowed to post the link here. I got in trouble the last time I did that (sorry). But to save you time, the tried and true best selling brands are:

gymboree, gap, orient expressed, baby lulu, jack and jill, coach, louis vuitton, gucci, chanel, prada, abercrombie, juicy couture, hollister, abercrombie, rock & republic, diesel, lucky, bebe, banana republic, and american eagle.

I keep it on an index card in my purse with these brands because I still forget. If I find any clothing or purses/bags in these brands and it is in good condition, clean and cheap…I buy it and resell it on Ebay. I have bought Gymboree onsies for a dollar and sold them for 5-6 dollars on ebay. Last year I sold a Gymboree outfit I paid 1.25 for and sold it for $18..I couldn’t believe it. Again, you take the good with the bad. Some things you just break even on. I really don’t have the time I’d like to sell on Ebay year-round, but during yard sale season, I have a lot of fun with it and make some really good money..

I’d be happy to help in any way I can. I have bought/sold on Ebay for 10+ years! During the beanie baby crazy, I darn near got myself through college thanks to ebay LOL We’d stand in line all night, buy those suckers for $6 and the highest one I sold was for $98..for a SIX DOLLAR stuffed animal. I rode that wave until it crashed but made some good money while it lasted LOL

Sorry I went off on a tangent…I love Ebay!
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

Thanks Andrea for sharing your tips. I will need to do a bit of ebaying before we get to go to Disney again.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

Quote Originally Posted by andrea2289 View Post
    We have great yard sales here. You can go all day if you have the energy LOL
    We get our EARLY because nowadays many yard salers are all resellers and looking for the same things we are. I go straight for any jewelry I can see. First look for the obvious: Gold will have the little engraving that it is real (10k, 14k, etc). Sterling silver will typically have very small writing saying 925, Sterling. S/S or something similar on the clasp. For either, if the clasp has nothing on it, it is very likely that it is not sterling. A stamp of "10K, 14K, 18K, 585, 750, 900, or 925, 950, PT, Plat" indicates it is most likely real. Of course, you are still always taking a chance because things can be falsely stamped, but it is not common. I don’t pay much for anything, so to me, it isn’t a big loss. I have sent in envelops I have $5 into and got back $20, but other times I have got much more. Sometimes if something look real to me, but isn’t stamped, I will still buy it if it is cheap enough. I am pretty cheap. Most things I don’t give more than a dollar for, but I am always amazed at that people sell things for. I have found things for a quarter. Some days I go out and find nothing and some days we hit pay dirt LOL

I love yard sealing. I don’t just do it to resell. I buy all kinds of stuff, but more than anything, we just have fun.

You can check what are the best selling brands 24 hours a day on ebay (narrowed down to category) but I don’t think I am allowed to post the link here. I got in trouble the last time I did that (sorry). But to save you time, the tried and true best selling brands are:

gymboree, gap, orient expressed, baby lulu, jack and jill, coach, louis vuitton, gucci, chanel, prada, abercrombie, juicy couture, hollister, abercrombie, rock & republic, diesel, lucky, bebe, banana republic, and american eagle.

I keep it on an index card in my purse with these brands because I still forget. If I find any clothing or purses/bags in these brands and it is in good condition, clean and cheap…I buy it and resell it on Ebay. I have bought Gymboree onsies for a dollar and sold them for 5-6 dollars on ebay. Last year I sold a Gymboree outfit I paid 1.25 for and sold it for $18..I couldn’t believe it. Again, you take the good with the bad. Some things you just break even on. I really don’t have the time I’d like to sell on Ebay year-round, but during yard sale season, I have a lot of fun with it and make some really good money..

I’d be happy to help in any way I can. I have bought/sold on Ebay for 10+ years! During the beanie baby crazy, I darn near got myself through college thanks to ebay LOL We’d stand in line all night, buy those suckers for $6 and the highest one I sold was for $98..for a SIX DOLLAR stuffed animal. I rode that wave until it crashed but made some good money while it lasted LOL

Sorry I went off on a tangent…I love Ebay!
    Wow Andrea! Thanks for the great tips. I am completely intimidated by the whole ebay thing. But, hearing your story and others like you that have done very well has made me want to step a toe into that e-bay madness.

I know this area gets hit hard by resellers. We live in an area of PA that is called Antique Alley or the Antique Capitol of the World. There are 30-40 antique dealers, malls and markets within a one mile strip. So, anything of value is sucked up usually by one of the resellers. And I am soooo not a morning person. So, there would have to be a good reason to get me out of bed at 5am on the weekend. But, money is a good motivator.

Heh heh heh...I think I just figured out what to do with some jewerly from an ex-BF.

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    I need to find my envelope for them. I have been putting things together to send in, and have misplaced the envelope to send it in. Figures.
    I cannot find mine either. I do have my email confirmation, however, so think I'll look up their phone # and call for another. I tried emailing to no avail...

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    I cannot find mine either. I do have my email confirmation, however, so think I'll look up their phone # and call for another. I tried emailing to no avail...
    Shelly this is off the subject but I just had to say I am amazed at how much you have earned You go girl!
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

I filled my envelope but never sent it in. I think this is the time to send it!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Bumping to ask if anyone has done Cash4Gold (banner ad)? And if they've had luck w/them too?

Thanks
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800