Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Broken Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Bumping to ask if anyone has done Cash4Gold (banner ad)? And if they've had luck w/them too?

Thanks
    No - but this thread inspired me to finally gather up all my broken chains, old rings, dh's original wedding band that he hated... and had DH take them to a local place today. He walked out with $417 in cash to go directly into the Mouse fund!

Thanks, everyone, for the inspiration!!!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    No - but this thread inspired me to finally gather up all my broken chains, old rings, dh's original wedding band that he hated... and had DH take them to a local place today. He walked out with $417 in cash to go directly into the Mouse fund!

Thanks, everyone, for the inspiration!!!
    That's great Shelly! I've been watching the news the last two nights & they mentioned how high the price of gold is. They were saying people are having "gold parties" & bringing in all their gold & walking out w/a check! I'd love to host one of those parties!!

Can I ask about your local place? Was it a pawn dealer or are there gold buyers everywhere??? I have no idea! I'd love to get some money for the mouse fund too!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    That's great Shelly! I've been watching the news the last two nights & they mentioned how high the price of gold is. They were saying people are having "gold parties" & bringing in all their gold & walking out w/a check! I'd love to host one of those parties!!

Can I ask about your local place? Was it a pawn dealer or are there gold buyers everywhere??? I have no idea! I'd love to get some money for the mouse fund too!!
    I honestly don't know since DH took it in -- I think this place was a coin dealer. I'll ask him when he gets home from work tonight and PM you! You can go to a local jeweler and ask, but from what I understand some of the online brokers are paying more.

Two coworkers went to a dealer advertizing "WE BUY GOLD!" in our local paper (they are setting up stations at local hotels) - one recieved $1700 and the other $1200 for their old stuff. I am not sure of the amount each took....one described it as "one of those boxes you would receive a necklace in....partially filled". That is a LOT of money for a kind of small box! I am going to dig through our drawers! I never wear gold anymore, except my wedding rings.