Thread: Hotel Stay - credit?

Default Hotel Stay - credit?

How long after a hotel stay will my account credit?

I realize it goes by x number of days after you complete the hotel stay and not by when you book it - just wondering if it's the 28 days like shopping or if hotels are different.

Thanks!
    Joined SR May 14, 2007

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by OregonGirlie View Post
    How long after a hotel stay will my account credit?

I realize it goes by x number of days after you complete the hotel stay and not by when you book it - just wondering if it's the 28 days like shopping or if hotels are different.

Thanks!
    Most come through once a month, so I usually give it sixish weeks before I file a tt.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

My most recent experience was with hotels.com - which I loved! We booked our stay early in May to stay the 17-22nd. When we got home(about 3 or 4 days later), it pended from the date we booked and credited my account on May 31st.
    Amy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Most come through once a month, so I usually give it sixish weeks before I file a tt.
    You are very brave! I've always taken "the requests must be completely filed within 30 days of the purchase" very seriously, using "purchase" to mean "checkout" when it comes to hotels.

OP in general I've found that things show up as pending around 5 days after checkout. I've used orbitz and expedia, and we use hotels.com a WHOLE lot... I think that sometimes time changes can confuse hotels.com (haven't done a hotel stay with a time change with the others), but that's in general. (though I did recently have 6! TTs with them, going all the way back to January...but they all did resolve happily last week...so sometimes they make you sweat for your credit, LOL)
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Priceline will pend right after you complete your stay. I think the ones that import once a month are the shopping through the direct hotel websites like Marriott.com and such.
    Sunshine Rewards

Awesome thanks! Where would I see if it is pending?

We stayed at the Doubletree and I think it was directly booked through their link (IE not hotels, expedia or the mass hotel sales sites). I'm guessing once a month is when I'll be credited?
    Joined SR May 14, 2007

Sunshine Rewards

If you go to Member Zone---Account History, it will show up there. It might be back a few pages though. You can also check if you have your total of pending credits increase at Member Zone--Current Earnings.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by OregonGirlie View Post
    Awesome thanks! Where would I see if it is pending?

We stayed at the Doubletree and I think it was directly booked through their link (IE not hotels, expedia or the mass hotel sales sites). I'm guessing once a month is when I'll be credited?

Doubletree is a Hilton Co and you will only get credit if you booked the "Best Rate Guaranteed." I booked with the Advance Purchase rate (which was better than the Best Rate Guaranteed) and didn't get credit. The $$ I saved by booking that rate was better than the cash back so I wasn't upset with it. Sometimes you have to weigh the different options to see what works best for you.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

One way you can sometimes get the Hilton chain credit is to go through hotels.com. I did that recently for a Hampton Inn, and the rate was better the Hampton AAA rate, which would not have given me SR points.