Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I decided......

When I finally decided to get an e-reader, I found the Kindle and Nook to be equal, but what sold me was, at the time, the Nook was the one that would let you download library books. Other than that, I would have been happy with either one. If the Kindle is working on that option, then I would say either one would be a great choice.

One other plus with the Nook is that you get 3% back here on SR on any Nook book purchases. In fact, you would get back 3% back if you buy the Nook through SR.

I love my Nook!
    Barb

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    Cate---I think going to Barnes & Noble to do a test drives is the best idea.

I went once already and the young man whizzed through showing me everything and wouldn't let me do it myself. I would like to physically push the buttons (so to speak) with someone guiding me and telling me what to do next to really get the feel for it. He was trying to show me all the features...but I need hands on. I also had the kids with me which was a big distraction.

Thanks everyone for weighing in. Other than deciding I want an e-reader, looks like I have some exploring to do.
    I recommend going to Best Buy-that way you can try the nook, Kindle and Sony e-edition.
    Nook does have 3G-personally, I'd go with something with e-ink technology.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

i have a nook 3G+WiFi, and i LOVE it! i've only bought a few books, everything else i've read i've either gotten for free, or from my local library.
    when you d'l a book from bn.com via computer, you don't have to d'l it to your nook right away; you can do it whenever you want. usually what happens to me is, i'll d'l a book, then later on, while i'm reading something else, i'll select the new book from my list, expecting to d'l it, and i'll realize it's already done. LOVE my nook!

I wanna buy one too. I bought DD22 a Kindle for Christmas and I loved playing with it. She found a ton of things she can do with it as well. DL all of her music and listen via Kindle. The only drawback so far is that three months later there is a problem with it and it's yet to be fixed. Every time she calls Amazon Kindle Help Line they put her on hold for soo long that she hangs up. Since she's away at school time hasn't allowed her to get the problem solved yet. I'm hoping she can soon before the year warranty is up. But I was disappointed that it had a problem after less than three months.

So I think I'll definitely go with the Nook when I purchase mine.
    Sunshine Rewards