Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I decided......

Default I decided......

........to buy a Nook. I think!

Question: When you download a book for nook do you have to download to the nook? Or can I download it from my computer and it goes into a Nook holding account and I can read it on my Nook later??

I couldn't find that answer anywhere so I'm assuming I have to download it right to the Nook.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I think you have to put it on your Nook. I have a Kindle so I'm not really sure but there have been some threads around here on the Nook.

Hope you enjoy it. I love my Kindle. I read books so much faster with an eReader.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I think you have to put it on your Nook. I have a Kindle so I'm not really sure but there have been some threads around here on the Nook.

Hope you enjoy it. I love my Kindle. I read books so much faster with an eReader.
    I knew there was a thread and did a search for it......I couldn't find it.

I've been on the fence about buying one for a long time. When we were on our cruise in January, everyone had one.
    I asked everyone I saw with an e-reader what they liked and disliked about it. Some people even let me try it.

Everyone that had one loved it. There were Kindle, Nooks and several others...forgot their names. They didn't impress me but the Kindle and Nook did. I like the color on the nook and and the kid's books they have for download that are interactive. My grandchildren are going to love it.

Thanks Catherine!

I just found the thread. Everyone is raving about the Kindle.

And I found this on the Nook website.

NOOKcolor Features - NOOK is Smart
    NOOK Keeps Your Place

When you take a break from your book, a virtual bookmark remembers just where you left off, so you can dive right back into your reading on any computer or mobile device with our FREE NOOK Reading Apps, including iPad™, iPhone®, iPod Touch®, Android™ smartphones, and Windows-based PCs, notebooks, or laptops.
    That's what I wanted. Does Kindle work the same way?
    Last edited by ~Kathie; 06-07-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Yes, the kindle has that functionality as well. Enjoy, we are a happy two Kindle family.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Heather do you know anything about the nook? I'm not seeing where it has 3G like the kindle. They talk about WiFi but not 3g

Enjoy your e-reader. I was on the fence for a couple of months about getting one. I love to read but after all the library is free. I finally got the Kindle with special offers ($114) last month and I love it! A few things sold me on buying it: libraries around here will have Kindle books to lend by the end of the year, the lower price and the fact that I can cash out at SR for Amazon gift cards to buy books. I am so glad I got the Kindle with special offers. One of the offers was a $100 Amazon gift card if I applied and was approved for an Amazon credit card which I got.

With my Kindle I download books using my computer as I don't have wireless at home; it's really quick and easy. Maybe it's the same with the Nook?

I am sure you will be happy with which ever one you choose. I can't keep up with all the free books I am getting.

We had the Kindle/Nook debate as well. Just bought our son the Kindle 3G. He loves it. Good luck with your decision, Kathie. You really can't go wrong.

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I finally bought a Nook after my cousin pushed me for several years. He got a Kindle when they first came out. I have the Nook app on my laptop and download to it. Books from BN will load onto my Nook, after that, with my wifi. But, I also get books elsewhere and those I have to "sideload". I have only done that a couple times but it is really easy.

I have gotten a ton of free books off Books on the Knob. It is a blog, written by a TN lady. She lists, daily, free books that are available. She focuses, mainly, on books from Amazon but frequently she lists books free at BN, too. Plus, there are several other online stores to get books from. Some of the books are new authors, some are older books by an established author and I think they offer you the free book to get you interested in the author.

In 6 months, I have gotten around 250 books of all varieties. Some I know I probably won't read but they are free and who knows? I might like them so I got them. Can always delete later. Hope you enjoy.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Yup the Kindle works the same way. Before you buy you should go to Barnes and Noble to check out the color version. I hear that it doesn't use e-ink technology so you can get a glare while reading. Though I think a new version might be coming out soon to fix that...

Kindle will have library book access later this year as well.

I think book prices are about the same on either site.
    Sunshine Rewards

Cate---I think going to Barnes & Noble to do a test drives is the best idea.

I went once already and the young man whizzed through showing me everything and wouldn't let me do it myself. I would like to physically push the buttons (so to speak) with someone guiding me and telling me what to do next to really get the feel for it. He was trying to show me all the features...but I need hands on. I also had the kids with me which was a big distraction.

Thanks everyone for weighing in. Other than deciding I want an e-reader, looks like I have some exploring to do.