Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scheduled attractions closing / rehabs

Default Scheduled attractions closing / rehabs

Just thought I would post some info I just read for those of you traveling to WDW in the next few months.
    Spaceship Earth will be closed July 9th - November 1st. ( I really love this and am sad we won't get to see it this trip)
    Haunted Mansion will be closed June 6th - Sept 13th. (I hope there is no delay in the reopening! We will be there 9/12-9/19 and I would be soooo sad if we couldn't see it! )
    There may be others but these 2 were the biggies that I noticed.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thank goodness Haunted Mansion will be back open by October. We didn't take the girls the last time that we went, and I will never hear the end of it!!

I had heard that they were making some major changes to update Spaceship Earth. Sad not to see that one this time.

Last year we waited in line for POTC to see the new updates to it and it broke when we were in line and never reopened. I really hope they aren't touching that one this year!!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Tricia ~ Have you seen the POTC since they added Jack Sparrow?
    Sunshine Rewards

Nope. That's exactly what we were hoping to see!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

It has always been on of our favorite attractions in the World...we saw it last Oct with the changes and both my husband and I were AMAZED. I won't tell you specifics because I don't want to spoil the surprises but the new additions are just fantastic. I am soooo excited for you to see it!
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm so upset to read that Spaceship Earth is closing for refurbishment. I love this one and wa looking forward to seeing it with my 12 year old daughter who is into Science. We are going July 10, so we miss it by 1 day. I already knew about the Haunted mansion, and I am not happy about that either!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Spaceship Earth is one of my favorites...always had to be the last ride we went on when leaving Epcot for the final time on that vacation...it was really sad and always brought tears to my eyes! Now that we have been DVC members and leave out the "back door" we don't ride it at the end of our trips anymore. Our next trip is 10/27-11/4, so hopefully if everything is on schedule we should be able to see the new and improved Spaceship Earth on the last two days of our vacation!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
    Just thought I would post some info I just read for those of you traveling to WDW in the next few months.
    Spaceship Earth will be closed July 9th - November 1st. ( I really love this and am sad we won't get to see it this trip)
    Haunted Mansion will be closed June 6th - Sept 13th. (I hope there is no delay in the reopening! We will be there 9/12-9/19 and I would be soooo sad if we couldn't see it! )
    There may be others but these 2 were the biggies that I noticed.
    I am really bummed about both of these. Last time we were there dd wouldn't go into the Haunted Mansion, and we never got time to do Spaceship Earth. Oh well....we'll just have to plan a 3rd trip!
    Sunshine Rewards

I love spaceship earth... but I'm really glad they are redoing it... alot of the future stuff they mention has been done already... It really needs an update, I'm glad they are attending to it...and I can't wait to see the changes when we go in December.

Faith
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

This will be our 4th trip in 4 years and we've never done Spaceship Earth. We were planning on doing it--until the rehab was announced. I'll be sad to miss HM, but it needed some work.