Thread: Yay Bruins!

Default Yay Bruins!

Football fanatics is already advertising Stanley Cup champ merch, if you're looking.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bruins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Congrats to the Bruins!

I was kind of pulling for Vancouver because they haven't ever won the Stanley Cup since joining the NHL, and hockey is the national sport of Canada. However, I'm happy that Mark Recchi won another Stanley Cup. As a former Penguin, I have a soft spot for him. It was a great series!
    Barb

39 years to bring the Stanley Cup back to Boston. Team and Cup arrived back home this morning

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by DarcyDog View Post
    Congrats to the Bruins!

I was kind of pulling for Vancouver because they haven't ever won the Stanley Cup since joining the NHL, and hockey is the national sport of Canada. However, I'm happy that Mark Recchi won another Stanley Cup. As a former Penguin, I have a soft spot for him. It was a great series!
    Wow you took the words right out of my mouth....I thought that it would be nice to see Vancouver win their first one....but it was really nice to see Recchi hold up the cup!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

It would have been nice to see Vancouver win (although I'm a suffering Oilers fan). The Bruins were definately the better team in the series though so the outcome is good for hockey!

It was not so nice to see (and hear) all the craziness that happened after the game. I would just like to say that anything you see is not representative of the city as a whole. There is unfortunately a group in the city that takes advantage of public events to incite crowds and they were very successful last night. Testosterone, alcohol and disappointment are not a good mix. It is such a shame that a disgraceful few have put a black mark on the wonderful Cup run.

Much more heartwarming is the large numbers of people who volunteered to help clean up the mess this morning.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    It would have been nice to see Vancouver win (although I'm a suffering Oilers fan). The Bruins were definately the better team in the series though so the outcome is good for hockey!

It was not so nice to see (and hear) all the craziness that happened after the game. I would just like to say that anything you see is not representative of the city as a whole. There is unfortunately a group in the city that takes advantage of public events to incite crowds and they were very successful last night. Testosterone, alcohol and disappointment are not a good mix. It is such a shame that a disgraceful few have put a black mark on the wonderful Cup run.

Much more heartwarming is the large numbers of people who volunteered to help clean up the mess this morning.
    I agree Megan, I do think the better team won this year...............and it was unfortunate for Vancouver 'fans' (and I use the term loosely) had to put such a damper on the series. Hockey by nature is aggressive sport so I would expect nothing less by the players, on the ice, vying for a championship.... the 'fans' not so much. The true Hockey FANS didn't need the 'antics' of last night. I agree with you whole heartedly.

pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post

I have been to your beautiful city and met many lovely people. These so called fans are not in any way a representative of the people of Vancouver and Canada. Shameful....I hope they throw all their behind's in jail and throw away the key.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    I have been to your beautiful city and met many lovely people. These so called fans are not in any way a representative of the people of Vancouver and Canada. Shameful....I hope they throw all their behind's in jail and throw away the key.
    The core group of morons actually planned stuff out before hand and brought weapons with them. Social media is being used to identify them so they will forever be affected by it.
    Sunshine Rewards