Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help with Mt Everest in AK

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I'm not a big rollercoaster fan, although I have no problem with Splash, Big Thunder or other similar rides. Both my mom and I felt funny after riding Everest. Not sick to our stomachs but almost dizzy. We found it odd since the ride itself didn't seem that extreme. I've since heard others say the same thing.
    Sunshine Rewards

If you cant ride Space Mountain then I would wonder about EE. Overall I have heard it isnt too bad, except for the going backwards part. My friend rode it once and said she couldnt do it again because going backwards really made her very disoriented and dizzy afterward. I myself will not ride it because I know that I will feel lousy afterward because I dont do well with spinning or anything that throws your equalibrium off. I rode MS before they had the tame version and I felt so lousy the rest of the day, I had to keep sitting down. If you decide to try it you will have to let us all know how you managed it.

Sunshine Rewards

A little trick for anyone that has a hard time with spinning rides/ motion sickness. First thing in the AM take "Bonnie". It is a wonderful motion sickness med that does not make you drowsy.

I usually get very sick from rollercoasters, and anything that goes in a circle. However, the rest of my family LOVES all these rides so I had to find a "cure". I really didn't like spending so much of my day on a bench! We do a lot of amusement parks. Disney is so wonderful because they have loads of rides that I can do in comparison to other parks. When we go to Disney, I just take a single dose of Bonnie in the AM and I'm good to go. Although I've never pushed my luck with Mission Space!

As far as EE goes, I think the sudden shot backwards and around, then short stop and speeding forward will make anyone with motion sickness or inner ear problems ill. The body doesn't get time to catch up with the sudden changes in direction! With "Bonnie" I usually do fine with the motion sickness on this ride, but I have still gotten headaches. So I avoid EE now. My DD doesn't like it either so we get an icecream break while everyone else goes! BTW: There are icecream stands right next to EE.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by LCS3 View Post
    A little trick for anyone that has a hard time with spinning rides/ motion sickness. First thing in the AM take "Bonnie". It is a wonderful motion sickness med that does not make you drowsy.

I usually get very sick from rollercoasters, and anything that goes in a circle. However, the rest of my family LOVES all these rides so I had to find a "cure". I really didn't like spending so much of my day on a bench! We do a lot of amusement parks. Disney is so wonderful because they have loads of rides that I can do in comparison to other parks. When we go to Disney, I just take a single dose of Bonnie in the AM and I'm good to go. Although I've never pushed my luck with Mission Space!

As far as EE goes, I think the sudden shot backwards and around, then short stop and speeding forward will make anyone with motion sickness or inner ear problems ill. The body doesn't get time to catch up with the sudden changes in direction! With "Bonnie" I usually do fine with the motion sickness on this ride, but I have still gotten headaches. So I avoid EE now. My DD doesn't like it either so we get an icecream break while everyone else goes! BTW: There are icecream stands right next to EE.
    Just so everyone is warned....I took two Bonine before riding the intense side of Mission Space, I really wanted to experience this ride when it first opened.....trust me, taking this medication DID NOT WORK! Now, the less intense side is ok for me and we usually will ride this side when ever we go to Epcot. The only other ride I had a problem with was EE but never thought to take anything beforehand, so maybe it would of helped but I'll never know now because I will not ever go on it again!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES