Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YEA!! Got my ADRs!!

Default YEA!! Got my ADRs!!

I'm so excited! I checke my email this morning when I woke up and had an email from my TA that she was able to book all of my dining wishes for our trip in August to celebrate Cameron's 8th birthday!!

We'll be eating at:
    Hollywood & Vine (we like this one and LOVE Fantasmic so it's a recurring choice)
    Coral Reef (one of my favorites and so far both trips we've been able to sit by the window)
    Chef Mickey's (this one is Cameron's favorite so we're going on her actual birthday for dinner)
    San Angel Inn (our vote for a new restaurant to try. We decided on this one last trip as we rode the boat ride in Mexico)
    Tony's Town Square (another new one that Becka, my dd16, and I wanted to try)
    Ohana's Breakfast (this was Cameron's 2nd pick so we'll end the trip here with an early breakfast)

I have one day free and I'm trying to decide where to eat that day. We tend to get bored standing in character lines, but LOVE to meet characters so my first instince is to plan a princess meal for that day as Cameron loves the princesses, BUT we're also going to do the Behind the Seeds tour and I thought eating at Garden Grill that day (where you eat the vegatables you learn about in the tour) might be a fun experience. Decisions, decisions. I may book both and make a decision later....
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

Sounds great! I was able to get my one ADR for my August weekend this week (50's primetime).
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Congrats! I want to try 50's one day.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I vote Garden Grill. Its a character meal with Mickey, pluto, and chip & dale. It is my mom's favorite restaurant out of all the Disney restaurants. The food is fairly good and its one of those all you can eat family style meals.
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Do ya'll always make ADRs? I made them for the Luau but we have always kind of winged it for the other places. We usually eat our bigger meal at lunch but away from the routine time to avoid crowds. If we were going to eat in a sit down, we would make reservations first thing when we got to the park. However, that was before the dining plan, which we aren't going to use. DD10 won't eat that much, at the Rain Forest she usually eats the free appetizer that comes with our membership. We will be there 10 days and don't eat alot of big meals to begin with and are very flexible.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Predining plan my family would "wing it" but since the dining plan, I have read you have to make ressies so Mike and I did for our last trip and we are going to do it again this time. I think it just depends on the type of place you are trying to eat at, the time of year, and time of day.
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2aPrincess View Post
    We'll be eating at:
    Hollywood & Vine (we like this one and LOVE Fantasmic so it's a recurring choice)
    Coral Reef (one of my favorites and so far both trips we've been able to sit by the window)
    Chef Mickey's (this one is Cameron's favorite so we're going on her actual birthday for dinner)
    San Angel Inn (our vote for a new restaurant to try. We decided on this one last trip as we rode the boat ride in Mexico)
    Tony's Town Square (another new one that Becka, my dd16, and I wanted to try)
    Ohana's Breakfast (this was Cameron's 2nd pick so we'll end the trip here with an early breakfast)
    I have done H&V (breakfast) - it was ok. Coral Reef - we are doing that in April - can't wait. CM - always a favorite. San Angel - We LOVE this place! Tony's and Ohana's Breakfast never been. You sound like you have some great places!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Sounds great! I was able to get my one ADR for my August weekend this week (50's primetime).
    LOVE LOVE LOVE 50's PT!

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    Do ya'll always make ADRs? I made them for the Luau but we have always kind of winged it for the other places. We usually eat our bigger meal at lunch but away from the routine time to avoid crowds. If we were going to eat in a sit down, we would make reservations first thing when we got to the park. However, that was before the dining plan, which we aren't going to use. DD10 won't eat that much, at the Rain Forest she usually eats the free appetizer that comes with our membership. We will be there 10 days and don't eat alot of big meals to begin with and are very flexible.
    We always make ADR's. I hate getting shut out. I am not a happy camper when that happens!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I vote Garden Grill. Its a character meal with Mickey, pluto, and chip & dale. It is my mom's favorite restaurant out of all the Disney restaurants. The food is fairly good and its one of those all you can eat family style meals.
    Thanks for the vote. I think I'm going to make reservations for both it and Akershus (sp?) and then make a decision closer to the date (or let one of the girls decide)

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    We do the dining plan so we eat a sit down meal each day. I've read that it's close to impossible to get reservations that day (and I tried for the entire time we were at Disney in December (19-30) for a breakfast OR dinner to Chef Mickey's and was never able to get one! So I do make ADRs for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    I have done H&V (breakfast) - it was ok. Coral Reef - we are doing that in April - can't wait. CM - always a favorite. San Angel - We LOVE this place! Tony's and Ohana's Breakfast never been. You sound like you have some great places!!
    Thanks. I'm excited about trying San Angel and Tony's. And I do LOVE Coral Reef. I've read so many bad reviews, but it is truly my favorite non-character meal!
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Those sound like great choices!! I made my adr's for the second time today (redid our whole schedule so I had to switch some things around!!). We are also going to Coral Reef, Hollywood and Vine (new to us so I'm excited to see you give it good reviews!!), Crystal Palace, Boma, RFC and Hoop Dee Doo. We'll also be there in August, but the week after you I believe
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by zoodoyle View Post
    Those sound like great choices!! I made my adr's for the second time today (redid our whole schedule so I had to switch some things around!!). We are also going to Coral Reef, Hollywood and Vine (new to us so I'm excited to see you give it good reviews!!), Crystal Palace, Boma, RFC and Hoop Dee Doo. We'll also be there in August, but the week after you I believe
    Thanks. We did like Hollywood and Vine. We tried both it and Mama Melrose Fantasmic Packages in December. When I asked the girls which one they wanted to go back to (if either), neither hesistated in saying Hollywood and Vine.

I would have liked to have planned ours to start the 10th, but with back to school, that wouldn't have worked out! Not sure, if you are interested, but I'm also trying to get an August Photopass Share group together so we can share the cost of the Photopass CD. We did that here with some other SR'ers in December and it worked out great. I've already got one other person signed up.
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards