Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ING Direct sold to Capital One

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default ING Direct sold to Capital One

I know a few of us use them for the little bit of extra interest. If you use ING Direct are you going to stay on when they change over to Capital One or are you going to start browsing and seeing who else is out there? I'm on the fence.

Dear Saver,

For the past eleven years your Team at ING DIRECT USA has been focused on finding simple ways to help you “save your money.” Following on the heels of our award-winning Orange Savings Account we introduced Electric Orange Checking, the Easy Orange Mortgage and ShareBuilder Investing/Retirement. You took advantage of our saver-friendly products to simplify your financial life and build longer term financial security. Banking will be forever changed by the movement we have started — direct banking that leverages the Internet to put the power of transparent choice in the hands of the customer.

Today we wish to inform you of another milestone for ING DIRECT USA. As I advised in 2009, ING Group agreed to sell ING DIRECT USA as part of a restructuring agreement with the European Commission. On June 16, 2011 ING Group reached an agreement to sell ING DIRECT USA to Capital One Financial. It is expected that the sale transaction will close by year-end or early in the first quarter of 2012.

Capital One, led by their CEO Richard Fairbank, is an accomplished team that successfully navigated the financial crisis and is poised to grow with the addition of ING DIRECT USA. Capital One will be able to accelerate the introduction of new financial services to help you plan for your personal and small business finances today and in the future. The new combination of Capital One and ING DIRECT USA promises to deliver the same excellent service and value to which you have been accustomed.

As we embark on this new journey I wish to thank you for your continued support of ING DIRECT USA, and soon, Capital One.

Sincerely,

Arkadi Kuhlmann
    CEO ING DIRECT, USA
    Sunshine Rewards

Six months ago, I would have said yes. I'm changing, but I've had a Capital One card since March and I am pretty happy with it, so I might stick it out.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I heard about this a while ago, and received the same notice this morning. Guess I'm willing to stick around for a bit and see what happens. If they change things (assuming for the worst) then I'll take my money out. I'm not very optimistic. In the meantime, I'll definitely keep my ears open for better/similar deals!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

I was going to start and look around to see what options I have. I don't plan to do anything right away unless they annouce some radical changes. I will give them a chance and see how it goes.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Wow, I didn't hear anything about this and never got an email from them either..guess I'll wait and see what happens and what changes they make if any.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I hadn't heard this either. I'm not a fan of Capital One at all. I've had some bad history with their Customer Service and closed out an account because of it. Good customer service means everything to me!
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    I hadn't heard this either. I'm not a fan of Capital One at all. I've had some bad history with their Customer Service and closed out an account because of it. Good customer service means everything to me!
    I agree with you, I haven't used my card in years because of a bad experience dealing with their CS but never closed it out, didn't want to hurt my credit score.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Well I did a quick search the other day and it seems that they are the best interest rate wise. Sigh. Ally was second but since they are part of GMAC I don't want to touch them.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Well I did a quick search the other day and it seems that they are the best interest rate wise. Sigh. Ally was second but since they are part of GMAC I don't want to touch them.
    Fwiw, I am happy w/Ally (fdic insurance & all). Yes, I am a fiscal slut.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I know they are FDIC insured but just seeing GM in their name turns me off. If Capital One sucks then I'll be asking for your referral link.
    Sunshine Rewards