Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Let's discuss Disney

Is anyone planning anything new on their upcoming trip (besides a new food place)? I am thinking of mini golf or chip and dale campfire then movies. Am looking for some other NEW things to try

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

We are considering doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour on our next visit. DH is very interested in seeing the Utilidors and I guess I am too. I just worry that at over 4 hours long the tour will really cut into our park touring time. Guess we'll just have to add another day on to our vacation. We did mini golf a few years ago (only because it was free with our package.) It was OK and the theming was neat but in the end it was just mini golf. I would much rather spend my time in the parks!
    Robin

I just finally got to read this whole thread and all I can say is I am craving a roast beef sandwich like there is no tomorrow!! I am definately going to try Earl of Sandwich on our upcoming trip. In all the years we have been going to Disney, we have never tried it. Not sure why really. So this time will be a first for me. After that maybe I will top it off with a Sundae from Ghiradelli Oh god I can feel my waistline expanding as we speak!!!!

On a totally different note, DD15 and I were discussing things we would love to do that we havent yet and Keys to the Kingdom tour was tops on both of our list. I know that we probably wont be able to do it on this trip because my 8 yr olds would definately not enjoy it. It gives us a good excuse to go back and do it someday...not that we ever really need excuses to go back again and again, right?

This time around, we may go to Blizzard Beach, since we have never been, or maybe miniature golfing. The other thing I would love to do is the campfire at FW. I am saving that for a trip when it is just my immediate family and we stay onsite. This upcoming trip consists of 12 of us, including my mom and her three sisters and my 15 yr old cousin. Next trip I plan will just be my kids and DH and myself so we will be staying onsite for that one.

Other than that April cannot get here fast enough for me. My kids are so excited about this trip and every day at least one of them talks about it, and frankly most of our dinner conversations ends up on the subject as well. I think I have turned my kids into fanatics as well!!!

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by pbhall13 View Post
    Is anyone planning anything new on their upcoming trip (besides a new food place)? I am thinking of mini golf or chip and dale campfire then movies. Am looking for some other NEW things to try

Pamela
    Not what you are looking for, but new for us is going on a quick trip without the kids! We've traveled before without them, but not to Disney. I'm looking forward to some adult-time in the parks without having to balance what each of them want to do.

We did the Chip & Dale campfire in June and it was a lot of fun. We didn't stay for the movie, though.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

New for us (DFriend Amy & I) for this trip is that we want to go to the parks in the (GASP) morning!! :0) When we travel to WDW w/our DH's, we are on vacation & take our time. But this girls weekend we may just become park commandos!! ha!! We'd like to go to at least one rope drop! Just to say we have & see what it's all about.

We thought about doing a tour, but not sure if we will. All I know is that this trip will be soooo different than either of us have ever experienced w/our DH's.

DH & I have gone mini golfing & done the water parks before. We've also done Disney Quest & La Nuba. They're all fun! Although we enjoyed Tyhpoon Lagoon better than Blizzard Beach.

Ooh I can't wait! Today is the 45 day mark!! :0)
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Jen, I highly recommend the tours. I loved my Yuletide Tour, and my brother and DSIL really liked WS segway and AK Wild by design tours.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

We are going to try two new things this year! Decided to do a water park and the Pirate and Princess Party. My sons are getting older and I'm afraid that this will be our last family Disney trip.
    DS 18 will be leaving Community College(I should say my Community College, I get to see him every day at school) for his University this fall so I may never get to take him on another vacation. It's sort of sad but he is going into the ministry so I have to let him go. Some things are out of a Mother's hands.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

You all are talking about planning....I need to DEplan! I cancelled my Pop reservation last month. Friday I got in the mail welcome type kit from WDW. It had my dates in July that I was supposed to go etc. I guess I need to call and cancel again....however it is tempting to NOT cancel!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    You all are talking about planning....I need to DEplan! I cancelled my Pop reservation last month. Friday I got in the mail welcome type kit from WDW. It had my dates in July that I was supposed to go etc. I guess I need to call and cancel again....however it is tempting to NOT cancel!
    I am sorry you have to cancel. I have been there myself. It is a bit depressing isnt it? You will be able to go again another time though right?

Sunshine Rewards

Default Let's discuss Disney

We've been to Earl of Sandwich-VERY GOOD! and La Nouba (sp?)...and the Seeds tour. That was pretty interesting. This time we are doing the Hoop De Doo Musical Revue. I heard it's hilarious. We want to see Fantasmic at MGM (now re-named), and we are also going to The Sci-Fi Dinner theatre. Of course, each breakfast will be a character theme! Stitch Breakfast at the Poly, Breakfast with DD at AK and Chef Mickey's!!!! We want to try the Yak and Yeti if possible. And we want to ride the Dinosauer in AK....so much to do!