Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012

Default 2012

So this may be sacreligous, but bear with we please... Is anyone thinking about not going in 2012? I ask because of what I see as the convergence of two things: 1) the opening of the new Fantasyland expansion area and 2) the 6-month refurb of Test Track.

Now, here's my thinking: The opening of FLE is bound to draw a greater number of people into the world in general and specificially to MK, right? Some of those folk are bound to get fed up with the crowds, which are bound to be greater because of all of the general public touring FLE. Some of that overflow will head to EPCOT, only to find that one of the E-tickets (TT) is closed which could stress the other rides and such, making EPCOT seem overly crowded. Two parks potentially down.

I don't know maybe I'm overthinking it.

Thoughts?

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

We go every year regardless! Although crowds do bother me, we've been to Disney so many times that we would just take it a bit easier. It also probably depends on the time of year, just like it does normally. Weekends during the Food & Wine Festival are very crowded, the lines at the food kiosks are very long...that being said, we stay away on the weekends or if we want to fight the crowds, we just deal with it.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Will FLE bring in increased crowds? Yes. Will Test Track being down divert crowds to other attractions? Yes. Will the average guest notice or care about either of these things? No. The average guest has a remarkable resiliency for standing in line

People who frequent WDW, like many of us on SR, will probably notice the crowds. But we'll plan for it just like we plan for everything else. I enjoy enough about WDW that I'd still take a trip after FLE is done.

Also, with no schedule for the completion of FLE, and this refurb happening in early 2012, I wouldn't put money on the fact that these two events will happen simultaneously. If someone is planning a trip in the first half of 2012 to experience FLE, they will be sorely disappointed. I think the end of 2012, and mainly 2013 and beyond are when FLE will bring in new crowds.
    Kayla

@dwkay8: Good point. I hadn't really considered the staggered opending of FLE over an extended period of time. Actually, maybe I'd just subconsciously forced the thought away because I want to go back now and not wait until 2014 or beyond!!!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

We are tentatively planning a trip next fall - September or December depending on my sister-in-law and the nephew. If they come it will be December if they don't it will most likely be September.
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, we considered the FLE soft openings too for 2012 but are still going and in the summer mind you But we are skipping the Disney Parks for 2013 and doing a Disney cruise instead and then back to WDW for 2014 to tour the all new and "gently" used FLE. We figured any little tweaks that will have to be made will have been made after a year burn in period. But yes we are going next year...2012 here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by poshpartymommy View Post
    Well, we considered the FLE soft openings too for 2012 but are still going and in the summer mind you But we are skipping the Disney Parks for 2013 and doing a Disney cruise instead and then back to WDW for 2014 to tour the all new and "gently" used FLE. We figured any little tweaks that will have to be made will have been made after a year burn in period. But yes we are going next year...2012 here we come.
    So maybe 2012 is the wrong year to skip?!? Interesting thought, leave 2013 to work the kinks out.

OMG we're talking about making plans for 2 1/2 years away!!! Crazy. But I guess Disney does that do ya'

I can't skip a year no matter what happens (unless it closes down totally!). I haven't skipped since it opened so this shouldn't be a big deterent either I'm still working on cramming a couple more trips in this year and can't even think of next year yet.
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by shmily1 View Post
    I can't skip a year no matter what happens (unless it closes down totally!). I haven't skipped since it opened so this shouldn't be a big deterent either I'm still working on cramming a couple more trips in this year and can't even think of next year yet.
    Yeah, I hear ya'. Totally thinking about doing another quickly Mon-Fri trip in mid-late october before my AP expires. Would love to be able to catch the F&W festival and Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights. Truly would love to share those things with my GF but I don't think she can swing the time off work.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

^^ when my signature grows up it wants to be like @PSL1013's

--> Super Member 4Q2011, 1Q2012, 2Q2012, 3Q2012, 4Q2012

I am planning on September of 2012, anyone know the dates that test track will be closed? It is one of my ds's favorite rides in Epcot.