Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exciting news for me!!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    Congratulations....so dinner is on you right??

We haven't made our plans for April/May yet, but I will keep this in mind. A Disney Club I belong to is planning a trip to Disneyland Paris in April and Steve & I would love to go. Hopefully I will get the details soon.

That would be GREAT!!!
    If you show up at Disney during our trip we will most definitely buy you guys dinner! We haven't bought airfare yet, it was low and I was too cheap and wanted to wait to see if it went down farther and now it's up $70 more, that'll teach me to procrastinate!

EDA: and the rental car is over $700 at the moment ...if you-know-who was retired, we'd be driving to Disney!
    Last edited by PSL1013; 08-13-2011 at 01:26 PM.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    If you show up at Disney during our trip we will most definitely buy you guys dinner! We haven't bought airfare yet, it was low and I was too cheap and wanted to wait to see if it went down farther and now it's up $70 more, that'll teach me to procrastinate!

EDA: and the rental car is over $700 at the moment ...if you-know-who was retired, we'd be driving to Disney!
    Ouch on the rental car?? Why is it so high? Is it near Easter?? Did you check the entertainment book for coupons?? How about Southwest vacations for flight and car?? You might be able to get a package deal for those 2.

We usually book a trip to Vero in January but we may not go this year. If we do it will most likely be a short trip. We're expecting a grandchild in February. Don't want to stray too far from home.

Not twins but they don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet. They'll find out in a couple of weeks.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Ouch on the rental car?? Why is it so high? Is it near Easter?? Did you check the entertainment book for coupons?? How about Southwest vacations for flight and car?? You might be able to get a package deal for those 2.

We usually book a trip to Vero in January but we may not go this year. If we do it will most likely be a short trip. We're expecting a grandchild in February. Don't want to stray too far from home.

Not twins but they don't know if it's a boy or a girl yet. They'll find out in a couple of weeks.
    No idea about the car, I've never seen it that high before and that is with the entertainment coupon for a free day. How exciting, a new grandchild..would this be your daughter?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Kathie, how exciting! A new baby! Keep us posted.

Pam, I hope you haven't paid for that rental car yet. We always book directly through the rental car site and always end up cancelling and rebooking when they run special discounts 3 to 4 weeks out. We sometimes save over 50% by doing that. Hope you are able to get a better rate.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    Kathie, how exciting! A new baby! Keep us posted.

Pam, I hope you haven't paid for that rental car yet. We always book directly through the rental car site and always end up cancelling and rebooking when they run special discounts 3 to 4 weeks out. We sometimes save over 50% by doing that. Hope you are able to get a better rate.
    No haven't booked it yet, I keep checking though. I always book online at Alamo, using some sort of code. Last trip (May 2010) I used a combination of BJ's and the Ent. FD code and it was really cheap, $144.56. It was going down it seemed like every other day during the last two weeks before we left. I never cancel it, just usually have to modify the reservation each time it goes down. If it goes down, even .10, I just keep modifying it. Easter is on the 8th, so that can't be the reason it's this high...no idea. Earth Day is the day before we leave, maybe that's it?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

I vote YES on a NE meetup!!

Kathie, congrats on the new grandbaby!!! How exciting.

Pam, way to go on the earnings....I am such a slacker this year!!! you are a role model!!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Yes, my daughter is expecting. She's had a rough beginning, sick everyday for the first 3 months. Now that she is in her 2nd trimester that sickness has passed and she is feeling much better. Give her a lot of credit...she never took a day out of work.

We're looking forward to it....but sssshhhh!! She hasn't told the rest of the family yet.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Yes, my daughter is expecting. She's had a rough beginning, sick everyday for the first 3 months. Now that she is in her 2nd trimester that sickness has passed and she is feeling much better. Give her a lot of credit...she never took a day out of work.

We're looking forward to it....but sssshhhh!! She hasn't told the rest of the family yet.
    How exciting for you, I won't say a word! Must be a girl, remember I said that!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards

Good for you If I can just get to $50 bucks before September i'd be a happy camper But the kids will be back in school next week so i'll have more time to get some sunshine in before our trip next summer. Anywho, I hope you have a magical trip and maybe one day i'll some similar news to share.