Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another awesome Disney Vacation!!! Trip Report

Day 9 :Spent the early part of the day lounging at Blizzrd Beach. We had invited my Mom and her cousin to come to WDW and have dinner with us at 5pm, since they are both older he drove to Orlando and picked them up and brought them back to WDW. We had a delicious dinner at Boatwright's. The BBQ pork chop with Fried Onion rings and cornbread were yummy!!! MYy husband enjoyed a steak and my mom the fish but the pork chop could not be beat!!! AFter dinner, he took the ladies back to Orlando and when he got back to us we headed to Magic Kingdom! We rode Buzz and Big Thunder repeatedly!!!
    Day 10 Just when we think we are winding down, we decided to head to Animal Kingdom first thing in the morning and say goodbye to our buddy Bill and take one last ride on Everest. William had drawn Bill a picture of Rafiki because Rafiki is one of Bill's favorite characters. I was wearing a Tigger shirt William had drawn for me and my husband was wearing one with Scar on the front. Apparently my husband walked by the spot where Tigger was signing autographs so he called me to go there and get my picture with Tigger and our son and me wearing the shirt. William was carrying his Rafaki picture and a cast member asked him about the picture. William told him it was for his favorite cast member Bill. My husband joined us and after the pictures with Pooh, Eeyore & Tigger we were walking away and the cast member who had been talking to my son and admiring our hand drawn shirts walked up to my son and said, "I bet I can become your favorite new cast member" my son told him he could possibly become one of his favorite cast members but he couldn't beat Bill. The cast member proceeded to ask us if we wanted to ride in the parade on the Rafiki float!!!!! He said he wanted to do something nice for William the artist and seeing Rafiki made him realize that the Rafiki float would be perfect! SO we agreed and he told us to meet him at 3:10 by the Safari.

So, our quick morning at AK turned out to be an all day adventure. We saw Bill and told him what had happened, we rode Everest, and I wasn't as scared this time, we say Nemo, shopped, did the safari again, worried about rain canceling the parade because it came down in bucketfuls!! Had a delightful lunch at the Yak & Yeti, rode Everest again...I am getting used to it! It was finally time for us to go to be in the parade. The weather held off and they led us backstage and gave us vests and safari hats and loaded us into the jeep that pulls Rafiki. Everyone back stage was so friendly and nice we had some stilt walkers in front of us that had just come from performing at the Lion King!!!! They gave us earplugs and told us to smile and wave that there we 17,000 guests at AK that afternoon. The music started the big doors opened and we were off....my son, husband and I all had smiles from ear to ear, we waved until my fingers felt like they would fall off. But the looks on the people's faces as they smiled and waved back were so awesome!!! We all agreed it was THE BEST RIDE IN THE PARKS!!!!

Day 11 our last day...we spent the morning/afternoon at Blizzard Beach and finished the day at Magic Kingdom winding up our evening with 4 consecutive rides on Big Thunder Mountain. Hard to believe the time could fly by so fast. We can only say it was another awesome Disney vacation and as we were pulling out of the parking lot the next morning we were already making plans for our next trip
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

Loved reading the TR!

It's so great that you have these relationships with Cast Members. It's a wonderful personal connection to have on vacation.

How fun and exciting to be part of the parade! That's a magical way to end a trip. Hope you were able to get good pictures so you look back on this moment.
    Kayla

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Loved the TR...I felt like I was right there with you!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

What a great trip and fantastic memories. I don't know how you kept up the pace. Glad you had such a wonderful time.

Thanks for sharing.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for sharing your TR. I enjoyed reading it.

Wow, I love reading magical trip reports. We have never done the water parks but will probably do one of them for our next trip. But Blizzard Beach defineately sounds and looks like alot of fun.

Thanks for reading my trip report. Sorry I posted in the wrong spot.
    We have been to WDW about 23 times and we never visited the waterparks until last year with some friends who went on vacation with us. I loved the water parks and particularly Blizzard Beach. They are one of the best deals Disney offers. An annual pass to their water parks is $99 and it is $49.95 for a single visit, so annual is the ticket if you are staying in Florida for any length of time. Blizzard Beach is huge fun especially the Family Raft Ride, the lazy river and the red slides and the racers it is a blast! However, to give Typhoon Lagoon it's due their Water Coaster is awesome and their tidal wave pool is pretty spectacular and I did not get the chance to try swimming with the sharks!!!
    Thankfully, both water parks offer the fresh made mini donuts and you don't feel bad eating them because you do alot of swimming and walking! I always felt I would rather do the regular parks and visit a water park closer to home but Disney really knows how to make these water parks rock so definitely do yourself a favor and check them out!!!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards