Thread: Another awesome Disney Vacation!!! Trip Report

Threaded View

Default Another awesome Disney Vacation!!! Trip Report

We got home last week from a wonderful WDW vacation. This time I booked the Yacht Club for the first two nights because we stayed there the first few times we took ds then 3 years old. He is now 12 and I thought he would get a kick out of staying at the Yacht club and swimming in Stormalong Bay and trying the pirate ship slide. We checked in with no problems and our room was lovely, on the ground floor with a small patio and views of the water!
    We put on our suits and hot the pool, the water was warm but it was still great to be swimming. We gave the giant slide a try and it was fast and fun. We grabbed a bite of dinner and purchased our refillable mugs and decided to go to Hollywood Studios for the evening.
    We dressed and drove to Hollywood studios purchased our annual passes and annual water park passes then we headed for the animation studios. My son loves to draw and this is one of his favorite attractions in Disney. Even though we live 16 hours away and visit usually once or twice a year most of the cast members know him and recognize him when he shows up. We were able to catch 3 drawing classes (Eeyore, Chip & Pooh). We rode the new star tours ride 4 times and ds was the spy on the last ride, which made him very happy. We did some shopping in the Villains store and vinylmation trading and finished the evening with the Fantasmic show!
    Day 2 I encountered the largest hornet I have ever seen in my life in our room. I brushed past it with my foot on the way to the bathroom, when I looked down I saw a huge bug with wings so I quickly flipped the trashcan upside down on it. I called my husband and when he lifted the lid you could hear a very angry buzz and when he lifted off the trash can liner paper and saw what it was he smashed it with the in room book of information, it took about 8 hits and he completely severed the head from the body and the antennae and tail were both still twitching!!!
    We decided to visit Magic Kingdom, it was hot and crowded but we managed to get on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Pirates of Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and the Haunted Mansion. We also saw Mickey's Philharmagic and did some pin trading and vinylmation trading before we got too hot and headed back to the Yacht Club. We swam for awhile then we dressed for dinner at the Captain's Grille, excellent steak for husband and crabcakes for me, more than I could eat. We then finished our dinner and headed back to Stormalong bay. We swam and rode the slide until the pool closed at midnight. Although they are rather abrupt at kicking you out of the pool area at closing time and they do not give you an option as to which exit to take. They closed the front gate and would not even give you the option of leaving that way. We ended up with a very long, walk from the pool to the beach club then back to our room. I am used to POR where they announce the pool is officially closed and the life guards are going home and they leave, you are welcome to swim at your own risk and enjoy the lounge chairs etc. I tidied up the suitcases for easy room transfer tomorrow.

The Yacht Club was comfortable and the bedding was plush the bathrooms were not really any different than POR other than decorations and different soaps and shampoos. We enjoyed our stay at the Yacht club and the use of the pool. All in all we had a nice stay at the Yacht club and enjoyed the restaurant and re-living the memories of past visits, but were not really feeling like we were "home" until we checked into POR. ....more later
    Last edited by MdCaterer; 08-15-2011 at 12:20 PM.
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards