Thread: Priceline car rental????

Default Priceline car rental????

Without going into too much detail (unless you want to hear all about it ), can I book a Priceline car rental in my sister-in-law's name but put it on my credit card? She will be the driver and I will be with her when it is picked up, but I want to be the one to pay for it. Can this be done?

Thanks!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I don't think so. I remember having to show a credit card and license at the pick up desk. I can't remember if it was the same card but it was all the same name. You can add her as a driver if you are going to be there.
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, the purpose of the rental is actually to get us to the airport to leave. See, I found out that my kids do not have school on the day we are to leave at noon. The plan was for DH and I to drive the 15 miles (opposite direction of the airport) to pick up DSiL and then we'd turn around and DH would drop us off at the airport. Now that the kids will be with us, I don't want to say my goodbyes at the airport. They will NOT be happy that I am going to WDW without them. So, I decided that I would just take a cab since I live only 5 miles from the airport. But, this leaves DSiL stranded. She said she will just ask my brother to take a half-day off of work...well that's just silly. So, since I was planning on paying $30 for a cab anyways, I thought maybe I could take DSiL out to the airport the day before and rent a car. It would cost me the same amount as a cab would. This way, she could drive the car home and pick me up on the way to the airport the next day. I could say my goodbyes at home and avoid the public tantrums and my brother wouldn't have to take a day off of work.

If I go through Priceline, is there a charge for an additional driver? I know that some companies let the spouse on for free, but she is not my spouse. I guess the easiest thing would be to just see if she likes the plan and offers to pay for it. I can always pay her back...actually, I did just pay $23 for her two Food and Wine festival seminars so maybe the car rental would make us square.

I always make our priceline reservations with my credit card, with my husband listed as the driver. We have differnet last names, so it's not an automatic thing. I have done it before with my sister too. The credit cards do not have to match...meaning the one used for the reservation, and the one you give the counter. If it's a name your own price, the car rental company won't even have the credit card information.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by cjnix32 View Post
    I always make our priceline reservations with my credit card, with my husband listed as the driver. We have differnet last names, so it's not an automatic thing. I have done it before with my sister too. The credit cards do not have to match...meaning the one used for the reservation, and the one you give the counter. If it's a name your own price, the car rental company won't even have the credit card information.
    Good to know, thanks!

For this trip, I decided to break down and ask my mom to drive us. She does so much for me already as far as childcare goes (she is the BEST drop-in nanny ever!) so I hate to ask her for favors. She didn't even hesitate to agree to pick me up and drop me off. She even asked if DSiL will need a ride and offered to go and get her too! So this trip is all set...only 45 more days!