Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Are All The Survey Takers?

Default Where Are All The Survey Takers?

I'm starting to think that the Red/Green/Yellow light system maybe wasn't the best idea. We have even less people trying surveys since we put in the system than we did before. We thought that it would be a good idea because it would help people not get as frustrated. But I think the real result has just been that if people don't see green, they don't even try. And the less that people try, the less green we see. I'm wondering if maybe we need to discontinue it?

Thoughts??
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I always try the red, because I figure someone has to get it out of the zone. I always leave the green for last.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I like it a lot! It's true that if I see a red light, I don't try that survey until I have tried the green and yellow ones. It is rare that I have time to do all nine surveys anyway, so I try the ones that are most likely. The ones that tend to be red are the ones that I historically have trouble with, so I'd try them last even without the light system. I can usually get GF, SSI, and SH or MV each day if I have enough time to invest. The others are less likely for me despite the time invested.

Today, I have been kicked out of about 20 GF surveys and it now tells me that there are no surveys for me. MV has no surveys for me, and SH is now going back to the SR page. I already got SSI. I have to leave soon, so I don't really have time to do the long AMP, and the short AMP never loads correctly for me. The others are red - I'll probably try them later, but I will only be home for 20 more minutes and don't want to be in the middle of one when I have to leave for soccer practice. I have definitely been trying today - it just hasn't been a great day for getting them for me.

I think I got more surveys last month than I have gotten in a while, so I am very happy to have the traffic light system!
    Last edited by StitchandPooh'smom; 09-01-2011 at 04:49 PM.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I hardly ever look at the lights, I just do what I've always done and try them all in order and keep trying throughout the day. My problem is that there hasn't been too many surveys that I qualify for lately, it's not for lack of trying I can assure you!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I would have to answer the question of "where are all the survey takers?" by saying that I just haven't had much time to devote to it lately. For the past 6 weeks or so, my life has been hurtling along at warp speed. Things have finally settled down for me though and I am trying to get back in the survey groove.

So regarding the stoplights, they haven't so much dictated whether or not I attempt a survey in general but rather which ones I do try. I like them because if I have a limited amount of time in which to take surveys, I know the green and yellow ones will likely yield something. I will confess that I seldom, if ever, try for the red ones.

But after reading the post and thinking about the overall impact, I can definitely understand how it may be creating a cycle and why it might be discontinued.

I have been having terrible luck with surveys not crediting for awhile so I took a break for awhile. Not trying as many and only doing the ones I know will credit like ssi, ds. The past couple days I had been doing better with them though, but today is horrible for me. I'm going to take a break and start over in the morning, I also got kicked out of about 20 ds todays, and amp says I have reached my limit even though its been a few days.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I personally LOVE the stoplight system. I rarely have time to do more than 1 or 2 surveys any given day, so it is great to see which are doing well. If I see green or yellow, I go for them first. Honestly, if I have trouble getting a survey, I'm lucky to do one survey, but if I do well, I go ahead and do another one or two. Knowing which ones are doing well help me actually do MORE surveys on a given day as I don't get as frustrated with trying to qualify. I guess business is business and you will have to do what is best for the site, but as for me, I'd be sad to see the lights go away.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I haven't had time for surveys this summer, and I'm wondering if the introduction of the stoplights perhaps coincided with summer break starting and people getting busier? Kids and school schedules aren't getting in my way, just work, but I wonder if that has something to do with it?

When I was taking surveys regularly, I liked the stoplights because it helped me prioritize which surveys to try first, but I know that sometimes I don't get anything on a green light, but may get something on a yellow or red.
    Kayla

It's odd. On a normal day we see at least 200 clicks on our Greenfield link. Today we've only had about 60 and over half of those people have gotten credit for a survey. I just can't figure out what is going on.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Another busy soul. This was the first week of the semester and I just didn't have time to try. Next week I plan on really getting back to surveys.
    Sammielynn