Thread: Would You Call?

Default Would You Call?

if you had knowledge of a job opening that very few people know about, and the job hasn't been posted yet, but you'd already sent an e-mail (with resume attached) to the person in charge of hiring, would you call them within 24 hours of them getting the e-mail, if you hadn't gotten a response?

this is my situation, and i'm torn as to whether or not i should call. i REALLY want this job, but the job hasn't even been posted yet, the person hasn't responded to my e-mail, and i don't want to be overly pushy and knock myself out of the running. WWYD?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Nope. I'd leave it be. There are probably rules that they must follow in the hiring process and may not be able to do anything until it is officially posted.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Nope. I'd leave it be. There are probably rules that they must follow in the hiring process and may not be able to do anything until it is officially posted.
    this was my thought as well, cate. thank you! it's a board of education job, and i'm pretty sure there's a process to be followed.

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

I agree with Cate....give it more time...plenty of rules to follow!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Another one to agree. It's not always feasible to answer an email in 24 hours, especially as an aknowledgement so I would definitely give it more time.

More than that, Good luck!! I hope you get it!
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by shmily1 View Post
    Another one to agree. It's not always feasible to answer an email in 24 hours, especially as an aknowledgement so I would definitely give it more time.

More than that, Good luck!! I hope you get it!
    thank you! the job still isn't posted, but i'm now on the substitute teacher list at 3 of the county schools. 6 more to sign on with tomorrow!