Thread: How often do you cash out?

Default How often do you cash out?

I have to say that I am loving SR, however I am wondering when most people cash out? We are not going to WDW until next year but I am wondering if I should cash out every time I hit a certain amount (ie: $100) or if I should just keep the money in my account and let it accumulate over the next year? What do you do?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by crazy4disneyrn View Post
    I have to say that I am loving SR, however I am wondering when most people cash out? We are not going to WDW until next year but I am wondering if I should cash out every time I hit a certain amount (ie: $100) or if I should just keep the money in my account and let it accumulate over the next year? What do you do?
    I cash out for Pay Pal on the 15th and last day of the month for all the $$ in my SR account. I have a special bank account for vacations that I transfer all my Pay Pal money into. I like the flexibility of having the money in the bank so I can use if for whatever I want.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I wait until I have a little over $500 and then cash out, I love getting those cards and I still like to leave some in my account so I don't get depressed with a zero balance. I've been cashing out twice per year and bring both cards with me to Disney, which pays for all the food and sometimes some extras.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

It's totally an individual choice, but I cash out for Disney Gift Cards each time I get up to $100. I used to try for $250, but $100 builds up sooooooo much faster. It's a great feeling to get sunshine mail!
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I usually cash out right before my vacation. I make sure to cash out so that the money is in the account when I leave. So, when we leave on April 1, I am cashing out on February 28.

My next trip is October 13. I cashed out $125 earlier this year and thank goodness I did. I was using it for my annual pass and Disney raised the prices earlier than normal. Luckily, I got my payment in time. I cashed out $280 on August 31 and that will go into my PayPal account. I have a little over $30 right now in my account. I'm going to try and scratch out a few surveys tonight and then cashout one more time tomorrow. I know that I won't get the money in my account until the 15th, but I will be in WDW until the 18th so that extra $30 will get me a souvenir to take home with me.

I use my PayPal debit card on vacation. I used to really like the Disney gift cards, but this way, if I have any leftovers, I can use them on something else, like upgrading to business class on the way home. The PayPal debit card serves the same purpose.

I usually cash out for my entire balance quarterly. While I was unemployed, I changed that to monthly, but I really prefer to do it quarterly. That way, I can just look at my balance and see how much more I need to make SM!

Keep in mind you can't cash out for more than $500 a month! While that's not really a problem, if you're planning on letting it build until the last possible minute you need to plan ahead.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

I rarely cash out - I usually wait until I get to $500 but right now I am sitting at $650! We don't have a trip planned to WDW and are not renewing our annual passes to Disneyland so I don't know what I'm going to do with the money. So there it sits increasing! I may cash out soon for Paypal - I did that earlier this year when we went to Hawaii.
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Thanks everyone for your replies. It really does seem like an individual thing. I think I may cash out this first time when I get to $100 just so I can get some SR mail, then go from there! This is such a great program!

I usually cash out these days at $250 for my Disney gift cards. Now that our trip is getting closer though, I'm just cashing out w/ PayPal on the 15th and 29th of the month (that would be today, yikes!).

The first time I ever cashed out here though was for a $25 Disney gift card. It was kind of like I had to see if this was all real After that I was cashing out every $100, but as I started saving up to pay off our trips, it just got to be too many cards to deal with and keep track of which is why I started with the $250 ones.

You'll figure out what works best for you!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I've only cashed out once-for $500-but that's what I'll be doing each time I hit around $500(like PSL, I don't like seeing a zero balance, so I'll wait until it's a bit over that). Paypal limits cashouts to $500 a month, so keep that in mind too if you are using them.

Had to postpone our September '11 trip due to the ill health a family member, so now I'm shooting for an additional $1000 to take with us in September '12.